Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Approved!!!

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Apple Card Approved!!!

I have had my eye on this card for a while (since my whole house uses Apple products and services), but the iPhone pre-approval never gave the OK.

And then, I tried the shopping cart trick...and wouldn't you know it?

I was approved! Smiley Happy

CL: $1,500

APR: 13.99%

Note: Odd that I would be denied via the pre-approval process many times, yet score a pretty low APR, but I'm not complaining!

Interesting DP: Many of us remember when Barclays used to issue the Apple Card many years ago. As I recall, many an applicant would be denied when applying online, but approved after recon when explaining to the backdoor rep that the card would be used for an Apple purchase/promo. In fact, I remember a friend who was denied with a 606 FICO score, but was approved after recon with a $1,300 limit because he told the backdoor rep the laptop he wanted was $1,200.

I'm seeing the same sort of dynamic with the Goldman Sachs-backed version of the current Apple Card. I'm thinking that Apple is encouraging (enticing financially?) GS to approve more people via the shopping cart because it has the potential to amplify sales. Of course, actually completing the purchase isn't necessary to accept the card offer, but quite a few people, geeked that they have been approved, will go ahead and buy the gear. Frankly, that's good business all around, IMHO.

One other thing (though I'm sure it has been discussed here):

Adding the card to your iPhone wallet is a critical step to accepting the offer when using the computer SCT. I actually chatted online with a rep who walked me through the process. He told me that some people are being told they are approved at the checkout...but because they didn't complete the purchase and/or go to their iPhone wallet to add the card, their offer is never accepted, their account never activated, and the physical card (which must be requested) never ordered.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approved!!!

Congrats on the approval! 🎉

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 2 of 14
Peanut4211982
Contributor

Congratulations on your approval 

Starting scores EQ 523 TU 513 EX 512....
Scores 9-01-21 fico EX 670 ..TU 666..EQ 650

Message 3 of 14
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

The SCT comes through, very nice to hear. Enjoy your new card, sounds like it'll come in real handy.

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 14
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!  Like you the shopping cart trick is what worked for me too when I got my card! Great tips! 

Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new apple card Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I have had my eye on this card for a while (since my whole house uses Apple products and services), but the iPhone pre-approval never gave the OK.

And then, I tried the shopping cart trick...and wouldn't you know it?

I was approved! Smiley Happy

CL: $1,500

APR: 13.99%

Note: Odd that I would be denied via the pre-approval process many times, yet score a pretty low APR, but I'm not complaining!

Interesting DP: Many of us remember when Barclays used to issue the Apple Card many years ago. As I recall, many an applicant would be denied when applying online, but approved after recon when explaining to the backdoor rep that the card would be used for an Apple purchase/promo. In fact, I remember a friend who was denied with a 606 FICO score, but was approved after recon with a $1,300 limit because he told the backdoor rep the laptop he wanted was $1,200.

I'm seeing the same sort of dynamic with the Goldman Sachs-backed version of the current Apple Card. I'm thinking that Apple is encouraging (enticing financially?) GS to approve more people via the shopping cart because it has the potential to amplify sales. Of course, actually completing the purchase isn't necessary to accept the card offer, but quite a few people, geeked that they have been approved, will go ahead and buy the gear. Frankly, that's good business all around, IMHO.

One other thing (though I'm sure it has been discussed here):

Adding the card to your iPhone wallet is a critical step to accepting the offer when using the computer SCT. I actually chatted online with a rep who walked me through the process. He told me that some people are being told they are approved at the checkout...but because they didn't complete the purchase and/or go to their iPhone wallet to add the card, their offer is never accepted, their account never activated, and the physical card (which must be requested) never ordered.

Congratulations on Apple Card Approval!!

Message 7 of 14
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Apple approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 8 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Apple Card approval 

C7B7417A-09C9-4148-BDB3-231186C64402.gif

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.