Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI To $40,000

tag
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI To $40,000

Not quite the highest but damm thats outstanding for you. Congradulations!!! I read on Reddit about someone who said they got 50k last year.

Message 11 of 36
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 🎈 🍾 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 12 of 36
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Your CLI is equal to my actual Apple card limit.... smh.

OP, 

@Aim_High  will have some questions for you.

Message 13 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ..

Message 14 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

OP, 

" @Aim_High  will have some questions for you." smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 15 of 36
importxpresions
Regular Contributor

Nice!

Current:

Mortgage applications waiting for market to calm down
Message 16 of 36
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Super congrats...I decided to try my luck with them on my 30k line but only got +5K....better then nothing!

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 17 of 36
CreditWolf
New Contributor

Congrats @DoctorLoomis  awesome CL..

@CreditAggiethe highest limit on Apple card is 50K . Raj and very few members got it back in 2019

Message 18 of 36
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!  Impressive credit line on this card.

Message 19 of 36
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

" @Aim_High  will have some questions for you." smiley-laughing021.gif

@DoctorLoomis  congratulations on an awesome CLI with your Apple card!  Smiley Very Happy That's fantastic!   While we did see some limits as high (or higher) at approval, that is by far the largest CLI I have seen posted on a SL which was already so high!  Very well done!

Now, down to business as my friends @NoMoreE46  and @M_Smart007  predicted (thanks for the tags, guys!)  ... some additonal data points would definitely be much appreciated!

If you don't know my connection to Apple Card, I was analyzing and tracking the CLI's on Apple card on this thread*.   At least early in the approval process, it appeared that pretty heavy use of existing credit limit was necessary to get an increase from Goldman Sachs.  Odds of success seemed to strongly favor the lower starting limits since it is much easier for most people to put a relatively heavy spend (as a percentage of credit limit) than it is for those with higher limits.   The minimum spend range required to get an increase of any kind seemed to be starting around 25% of existing CL over about the previous 3-4 months.  Most users reported using 25% to 50% of CL.  It appeared the larger use of existing CL, the higher the relative increase.  In the past few months, however, I've seen some much lower CLIs where users did not report particularly heavy spend. 

*https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Apple-Card-credit-limit-increase-DPs/m-p/5...

Using my hypothesis, you would have needed to spend about $7500 (25% of $30K) over a few months, so maybe $2500 per month on average at a minimum.  To get a $10K CLI, I'm guessing it may have been even more than that.   Any spend data you could post regarding the previous six months would be helpful and much appreciated!

I'm also wondering if you had a major shift in reported income, reported debt, or credit score since getting approved for the card.

Finally, how much of your spending was in the Apple Store or for Apple products, how much was with Apple Pay, and how much with the physical credit card, since we have wondered if any of those somehow was included in targeting customers for CLI.

Thanks in advance for whatever information you're willing to share! Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.