Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI To $70,000

tag
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI To $70,000

@C6 wrote:

Was your prior credit limit $68K? That was a generous 2k increase Smiley Very Happy

First off, congrats @DoctorLoomis! That is an amazing Apple Card credit line!

Unless I've missed something, I think all Apple Card CLIs are a maximum of $2000. Mine going from $20K to $22K and now $24K are all that way and others I've talked to have said the same. 

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 31 of 46
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Interesting about the $2000 increments.   However, I have recently read of CLIs that have been less and more than this exact number. 

Message 32 of 46
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Interesting about the $2000 increments.   However, I have recently read of CLIs that have been less and more than this exact number. 

Must have missed that. Hopefully that's the case. I should have said that $2K is the maximum CLI I am aware of but it sounds like that's not accurate either. I'll report back on my next CLI and see what happens. Thanks for the clarification. 

AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 33 of 46
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Alephbet wrote:

@C6 wrote:

Was your prior credit limit $68K? That was a generous 2k increase Smiley Very Happy

Unless I've missed something, I think all Apple Card CLIs are a maximum of $2000. Mine going from $20K to $22K and now $24K are all that way and others I've talked to have said the same. 

@Alephbet  I believe $10,000 may be the most I've seen people's limits  jump with a limit increase. Those I've read about getting that $10K bump are those with limits already $20,000 and higher. I've also read about a few $5000 increases also.  

Message 34 of 46
Titans84
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Alephbet wrote:

@C6 wrote:

@Alephbet  I believe $10,000 may be the most I've seen people's limits  jump with a limit increase. Those I've read about getting that $10K bump are those with limits already $20,000 and higher. I've also read about a few $5000 increases also.  

I think $10k is the most I've seen as well.

I received a $6k bump just under 3 weeks ago. And my 3 other CLIs were 3k/4k each.

Current FICO 8:

Message 35 of 46
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Alephbet, the maximum Apple Card CLI increment has been $10K as @Jordan23ww and @Titans84 said.  That's only with heavier spent at higher existing credit limits over about $15K to $20K.  The previous CLIs reported by @DoctorLoomis were $10K.  My card was approved at $20K and went to $30K and $40K on two CLIs. (See link to one and follow link to the second).  There may have been a few other $10K's from other members. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 36 of 46
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@Alephbet, the maximum Apple Card CLI increment has been $10K as @Jordan23ww and @Titans84 said.  That's only with heavier spent at higher existing credit limits over about $15K to $20K.  The previous CLIs reported by @DoctorLoomis were $10K.  My card was approved at $20K and went to $30K and $40K on two CLIs. (See link to one and follow link to the second).  There may have been a few other $10K's from other members. 

Thank you for that info. That's good to know. I'm not sure the opportunity cost would be worth it to spend that large of an amount on my Apple Card each month but I'll certainly keep that in mind. I did spend like when the Apple Card was basically my first rewards card but my spending gets spread out a lot more now. 

Message 37 of 46
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the impressive CLI.  Smiley Happy

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 38 of 46
Ontherise2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on that amazing Apple CLI!  I didn't know they gave that high of a credit limit!!

FICO Scores:
EX 715
TU 750
EQ 739
FICO 9 773
Message 39 of 46
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@Aim_High not sure if it's really that important to know but I got a $15k CLI on my Apple Card a while back. Went from $15k to $30k. Haven't asked again since. 

Just checked. That was about 2 yrs ago.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.