Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI To $70,000

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI To $70,000

@imaximous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@Alephbet, the maximum Apple Card CLI increment has been $10K as @Jordan23ww and @Titans84 said.  That's only with heavier spent at higher existing credit limits over about $15K to $20K.  The previous CLIs reported by @DoctorLoomis were $10K.  My card was approved at $20K and went to $30K and $40K on two CLIs. (See link to one and follow link to the second).  There may have been a few other $10K's from other members. 

@Aim_High not sure if it's really that important to know but I got a $15k CLI on my Apple Card a while back. Went from $15k to $30k. Haven't asked again since.  Just checked. That was about 2 yrs ago.

Thanks for that info @imaximous, and congrats on that $15k CLI!  Very nice! I don't think I saw that one.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 41 of 46
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@Alephbet, the maximum Apple Card CLI increment has been $10K as @Jordan23ww and @Titans84 said.  That's only with heavier spent at higher existing credit limits over about $15K to $20K.  The previous CLIs reported by @DoctorLoomis were $10K.  My card was approved at $20K and went to $30K and $40K on two CLIs. (See link to one and follow link to the second).  There may have been a few other $10K's from other members. 

@Aim_High not sure if it's really that important to know but I got a $15k CLI on my Apple Card a while back. Went from $15k to $30k. Haven't asked again since. 

Just checked. That was about 2 yrs ago.

Wow! $15K in one CLI on the Apple Card! That's amazing!

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 42 of 46
andymoor

Why that much? How many iPhones are you trying to buy on credit if you make 300k? No offense, just curious.

Message 43 of 46
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@andymoor wrote:

Why that much? How many iPhones are you trying to buy on credit if you make 300k? No offense, just curious.

Lots of possible answers to that question @andymoor. First one, as a My Fico'er is ... because he can. Smiley Tongue  Many of us push utilization beyond a minimal amount needed just to cover charges. Maybe he is buying a lot of Apple gear, and not just iPhones but maybe also computers. Maybe he has a business use for those things, as many of our members own side businesses. 

More importantly, if you think Apple Card is just useful for Apple purchases you are mistaken. When used with Apple Pay, the card gets 2% back on all purchases, uncapped and uncategorized.  Apple Pay is widely accepted. Apple Card purchases at certain merchants earn 3%. 

Apple Card’s 3% categories:

• All Apple purchases. This includes computers, phone accessories, games from the iTunes store, Apple Music and Apple TV+.
  • Ace Hardware. This includes all locations within the U.S. online, in the mobile app and at participating stores listed at acehardware.com/applecard.
  • Duane Reade. This includes all eligible health, beauty, personal care, household and seasonal products including medicines and prescriptions.
  • Exxon/Mobil. This includes Exxon- or Mobil-branded pumps and attached convenience stores. To pay at the pump with Apple Pay, use either Exxon Mobil Rewards+ mobile app or contactless payment.
  • Nike. This includes all locations within the U.S. as well as the Nike.com website and the app.
  • Panera Bread. This includes all locations within the U.S. as well as orders placed through the app. Excludes online gift card purchases and orders made on third‑party apps.
  • T-Mobile. This includes payments made with Apple Pay in-store as well as bill payments and auto-pay via the website or app.
  • Uber/Uber Eats. This includes payments made using the Apple Card through Apple Pay for Uber rides and orders placed through Uber Eats.
  • Walgreens. This includes all eligible health, beauty, personal care, household and seasonal products including medicines and prescriptions and orders placed on Walgreens.com and through the app.

And beyond a simple rewards focus, the card has many other attractive security and convenience features.  (But yes, the physical card earns only 1% cash back.)

- Ability to regularly change the security code on the card to prevent misuse.
  - No visible number on physical card making it more immune to fraud.
  - No FTF. No AF. No late fees. No over limit fees. 
  - Account management through Apple Wallet/iPhone is very easy and intuitive. Detailed and instant transactions details and notifications. 
  - Mastercard benefits including identity theft monitoring and free shipping with stores that use Shop Runner. 
  - And yes, obviously the high credit limit itself is a perk if needed for larger purchases and other cards aren't suitable or available. Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 44 of 46
fullacrobat5
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your superb CLI!!

Message 45 of 46
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Wow!!! 70k is quite impressive.  Congratulations on you SL and your CLI.  Awesome 🤩 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.