cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card FINALLY Approved ($1.7k, 21.99% APR)

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Apple Card FINALLY Approved ($1.7k, 21.99% APR)

I'm only a few days away from the two year anniversary of my official bankruptcy discharge, which was August 19, 2019, and I had filed in early May of that year. I kept applying for the Apple Card this year and kept getting denied over and over, usually cause of the BK as a reason or some other reason they had on file. This time was different several days ago. My application went into review, I took pictures of the front and back of my license, and went from there. The first time I had to resubmit my application after all that work and talking to someone on the phone, but the second time went a lot better with the identification and I used my home address that time instead of my business address. 

A few days later, I got a notification on my iPhone saying that I had an offer for the Apple Card and I accepted it. I haven't gotten any HP notifications from Credit Karma or anything oddly enough. I'm hoping it really was a SP. As you might know, I did the Apple Cart Trick, but ended up having to do a lot of the application from my phone anyway after that first attempt, but I'm really shocked and surprised. I didn't even get a call from Apple or Goldman Sachs or anything. It was all entirely notification based on my iPhone.

Here's the screenshot as well: 

applecard.jpg

Very nice SL considering I've seen people on this forum end up with very low limits sometimes on this card, so I couldn't be more satisfied. I'll use the card wisely and yeah. It's nice to be able to save massively on Apple stuff, since I have a whole ecosystem based around their products. It's also gonna be nice to have all my regular subscriptions I have on my iPhone and iPad get charged onto there for convenience sake, rather than the charges being on my debit card or my CapOne Platinum card where I'm not earning any rewards on those purchases. 

For the record, if Apple asks you for ID verification, just take the photos directly from your phone and upload directly from there. It will save you a lot of time and trouble. I made the mistake of finishing the first app from desktop and they still couldn't fully verify me that way. If you have a BK, you'll really have the best chances of getting this card as soon as you reach your two year anniversary I'd say for the best results. 

But yeah, I'm super happy with my lineup of cards. The only major card I really want long-term after this would be the Citi Costco card which I've been denied for several times before, and maybe Lowes, Paypal MC or Newegg from Synchrony. I no longer need DCU to be part of my lineup either and don't think I'm missing out on much anymore. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card FINALLY Approved ($1.7k, 21.99% APR)

That is great news.

Good luck with your new card.

Thanks for the post.

Mark

Message 2 of 19
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Congratulations! You're making great progress rebuilding after BK. Keep up the good work!

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 3 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the Apple approval !! Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to you on slaying the Goldman credit door!

Message 5 of 19
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Great news for you, I'm glad worked out nicely.

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 6 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your 🍎approval.

Message 7 of 19
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Apple Card approval

Message 8 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 19
thundr101
Valued Member

Awesome, congratulations!!!

I don't have the BK to compare, but I too could never seem to make it thru the "Apple Card Gates of Heaven" lol.

After applying and being rejected, about 2 months ago I got lucky and got an approval as well. Same APR, similar CL.

Definitely great progress for you, and a great way to start the weekend Smiley Happy

My Starting Fico Scores:
[Fico Scores as of Mar 2024]:

My Fico Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.