cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Goldman Sachs Apple Pay Approval!

tag
ac10301n

Apple Card Goldman Sachs Apple Pay Approval!

Hi Everyone,

I'm writing about my successful approval to pay it forward, in case my story helps someone in any small way. Reading the responses and threads here have been so helpful.

Recently applied for Apple Pay Apple Credit Card by Goldman Sachs. Haven't applied for a new card in over a decade, thanks to too many approvals and too many cards when I turned 18. Unfortunately, as financial literacy wasn't a part of the curriculum at any of the private schools I went to educational institutions, I didn't realize that you need to use credit to have good credit. Shaking my head.

You've all been so helpful in my journey to build up my credit, and I am so grateful.

I applied for a capital one platinum card since I technically have a thin file, AAoA 13+ years, 0 credit inquiries, 1 card from BOA that's been at $500 for the last 13 years (didn't ask for an increase because I was trying to avoid credit...smh again). No loans, I have actually started a Self credit builder loan account but it hasn't registered with the CRs yet. Three months ago, I had one sprint collection (5+ years for $900ish) and one Verizon collection (6 years, $383). I was able to remove the Verizon collection by paying in full through a PFD letter. Again, thanks to the members of this forum. I was pre-approved for the platinum and QS1, but, following the advice on this board I opted for the platinum card since it would be an easier switch to regular QC. I was surprised to get $1000 SL. Previously, I had a charge off from them but that was also over a decade ago.

Then about 2 weeks later, after the Verizon collection was removed, I saw apple's messages for apple pay and realized it was a soft check. I decided to apply, expecting to get rejected since I had a thin credit line and many of my prequails in previous months had said I lacked a diverse account history or that I didn't have a high enough credit line on my accounts and the Self account hadn't hit my CRs yet.

I followed the prompt on my iPad, took a photo of my ID to verify my identitendy. I had to do this process 3 times, my ID didn't match my billing address and I kept missing the bank's text message to confirm my identity. Then, lo-and-behold, on the third try, I got to the confirmation SMS in time and replied to it. Lo-and-behold, my iPad immediately said I was approved, with a $2000 SL! I was shocked. 

The process was incredibly annoying and difficult, I wouldn't have done it if it was a hard pull upfront but I thought the fact that they tell you your SL before you accept was pretty awesome.

Thanks again everyone!

Details:

AAoA: 13+ years

Inquires: 0

Credit Scores at time of approval: Vantage all in the very good range / Fico just barely in the good range, around 679-676. 

Collections: (1) Sprint $900ish / due to fall off my report in 2021 / Only shows on TU and EX

Lines of Credit at time of approval: (1) BOFA $500

Utilization: 3%

August 2020: FICO TU 789, EX 652, EX 783
July 2020: Fico 8 Experian [476]
July 2020: Vantage 3.0 TU [750] Equifax [734] Experian [734]
18 REPLIES 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card Goldman Sachs Apple Pay Approval!

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 19
slickwidit
Established Contributor

congratulations!

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 3 of 19
ac10301n

Thank you!

August 2020: FICO TU 789, EX 652, EX 783
July 2020: Fico 8 Experian [476]
July 2020: Vantage 3.0 TU [750] Equifax [734] Experian [734]
Message 4 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good job, congrats on your Apple approval!

Message 6 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your successful apps. Good job!!

Its just called Apple Card. Apple Pay just refers to payment from the digital wallet.

Continued success on credit journey!!! 🥳 

Message 8 of 19
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 9 of 19
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.