Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card and PayPal Credit CLIs

tag
LADave
Established Contributor

Apple Card and PayPal Credit CLIs

My last PayPal Credit CLI was in late December, and I hadn't applied for another one since I was under the impression I could only do that every 6 months. I saw somewhere that it could be done in 4 months. I went for it yesterday and got a nice little bump from $2700 to $3500. I use it about 2-3 times a year to finance purchases at 0%.

By contrast, my Apple Card CLI today was my first in about 17 months. I hadn't used it much since 2021 since I now have other cards that are more versatile, but I still use it here and there for non-category spend using Apple Pay. I also used it recently to finance a HomePod, a pair of AirPods Pro and an iPad Mini. Apple/Goldman Sachs gave me a bump today from $4000 to $4750.

Scores: My TU FICO 8 score is 719. Apple Card/Goldman Sachs uses TransUnion FICO 9 (695) and Synchrony uses TransUnion VantageScore 4.0, for which Synch shows I have a score of 661.

That 661 score is a lot lower than my FICO 8/9 scores. I've seen some wacky ±60 point fluctuations on my VantageScore 3.0 scores in the last month or so that don't line up with activity on my reports, and I suspect that lower VS 4.0 score is a similar VantageSore anomaly. (I know I just accidentally misspelled VantageScore, and I'm not going to correct it.)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card and PayPal Credit CLIs

congrats on the cli's

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ FNBO FORDPASS REWARDS $1000/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 2 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Happy Memorial Day @LADave and Congratulations on the Apple Card CLI plus your Paypal Credit increase!

Message 3 of 15
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI's !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 4 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (February 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 15
DEITY_of_Credit
New Contributor

Message 6 of 15
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on you CLIs!

Message 7 of 15
rosco75
Regular Contributor

Congrats! That has been my experience with Apple and Sync as well. Reading through here has certainly shown me to have patience when expecting CLI's with them!

Message 8 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increases!

Message 9 of 15
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your limit increases!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.