cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card approved (after about 50 tries)

tag
Slowlyrebuilding
Contributor

Apple Card approved (after about 50 tries)

So I was applying for the Apple Card about 1-2 per week. Mostly for the credit score. Usually a pretty quick denial, but about a month ago my apps started to go to review then take about 20 min for the denial. Just applied again the other night, in the morning I realized I never got my denial, opened up wallet and there it was. Approved with a baby limit of $650! 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card approved (after about 50 tries)

@Slowlyrebuilding Not sure why you would apply 1-2 times per week but congratulations on your Apple Card approval! Time to build that $650 CL up!

Message 2 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting Approved for 🍎 💳 (after 50 tries)Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Reviewers wrote:

@Slowlyrebuilding"Not sure why you would apply 1-2 times per week" 

@Reviewers, Probably because they wanted the card really bad? .. just thinking hereSmiley Happy

Sometimes being denied can light a 🔥 under your Rear _ _ _  .. and makes you determined to get what you want!

I was denied twice for DCU CC ... eventually got itSmiley Tongue

Message 4 of 21
Slowlyrebuilding
Contributor

I've been rebuilding, paying things off etc but for some reason my credit monitoring never shows an updated score. I'll get an alert it went up but when I log in, it's the same credit score. So applying for the Apple Card would give me the most updated score. Of course now I'll have to figure out a different way to get an updated Transunion score.

Message 5 of 21
Reviewers
Established Contributor

@Slowlyrebuilding Congratulations on the rebuilding. Plenty of apps to tell you your credit score. myFICO, Credit Karma, Experian and any credit card apps that you have that give you credit scores. 

Capital One and AMEX gives you your TransUnion credit report (if you have EITHER card)

Message 6 of 21
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Slowlyrebuilding wrote:

I've been rebuilding, paying things off etc but for some reason my credit monitoring never shows an updated score. I'll get an alert it went up but when I log in, it's the same credit score. So applying for the Apple Card would give me the most updated score. Of course now I'll have to figure out a different way to get an updated Transunion score.

@Slowlyrebuilding  ..Possibly Discover?

I could be wrong, (someone might correct me? .. )

Does'nt Discover offer  FREE FICO8 score even if you do not have a card with them?

https://www.discover.com/free-credit-score/

Free Disco Score.png

BTW ..Congrats on your rebuildSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Apple Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 9 of 21
Slowlyrebuilding
Contributor

I use the Discover for credit score. I was using credit karma and experian but I've had issues with both. Credit Karma has had the same score since June even though they'll send me emails saying my score has gone up. Experian is similar. I log in and the score just spins and never loads (I could prob try on a computer vs my phone) and I get emails from them saying my score has gone up. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.