Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card approved at $40K @12.99%.....had to buy iPhone to apply! lol

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Apple Card approved at $40K @12.99%.....had to buy iPhone to apply! lol

Been working on trying to get this card since yesterday afternoon. Have ipads, iMacs and MacAir, but no actual iphone! After going through everything, it came down to having to absolutely have an iphone to apply.  Soooo...went out earlier to WallyWorld a few hours ago and bought an iphone 6s pay as you go and set it up a bit ago and did an IOS update and applied (I got an email this morning inviting me to apply as well).  They did ask me to scan in my driver's licesnse, which I did, waited a few mins and bam, got the approval.

My stats are 808-809 across all there FICO scores. Income is north of $350K. 2 HP in the last 24 months. 8% Utilization and 25+ years for my oldest card, Amex. 

Not sure who they pulled, haven't rec'd an alert yet, but I unfroze only TU and EQ for the day.

IMG_20190820_1505554.jpgIMG_20190820_1513486.jpgFICO 8-20-19.JPG

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card approved at $40K @12.99%.....had to buy iPhone to apply! lol

Great approval and story, congrats! Thanks for the DPs as well 😊
Message 2 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

They have been pulling TU exclusively. Grats on it, sweet SL and the lowest APR!

Message 3 of 24
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! But wow you had to buy an iPhone just to get the card? 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

That's dedication to the cause. Wow.

Message 5 of 24
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm that TU was pulled for me, just got a bunch of alerts.

yeah, I got the iPhone 6s since iPhone with touch etc was required to even apply and got the cheapy $19/mos plan. Once I get the card and all that not sure what to do with the phone, it's no contract, but I am an Google Pixle user for my mobile, not an iPhone person. I might have to keep the phone to manage through "wallet" application, which appears to only be on Apple products with touch. Dunno.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and monster SL!!
Message 7 of 24
iced
Valued Contributor

I'm wondering if there's a pattern/correlation between reported income and starting limit. I know a few people who put in around $100k income and got $10,000, another who put in $200k and got $20,000, and now this. It's starting to make me think they're offering about 10% of reported income as a starting limit provided the score is average or better (700+).

Message 8 of 24
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Epic SL! You just redefined the phrase “Apple Craze” lol
Message 9 of 24
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Kinda saw that too, but there are lot of other data points that go into the decision making process that can include address +zip code, companies associated with, public records, etc which is not all in your credit profile but they glean from other data sources. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.