cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card approved, highest SL to date during my rebuild.

tag
citymunky
Established Contributor

Apple Card approved, highest SL to date during my rebuild.

I always seen post on here about the Apple Card, however since I'm primarily a windows PC and android phone user decided not apply to the card during these last two years.  With that being said I'm not sure I even looked into the Apple Card three nights ago other than boredom while in bed trying to fall asleep. I did have Apple products in the past (iPod, iTunes), so I did have an apple ID account that I was able to check for a pre-approval.....seconds later Goldman Sacks approved me a SL of $4,000, which I accepted with just a soft pull.  I know that the Apple Card is not best in terms of their reward structure (i.e. 3% CB for Apple products and some select retailers, 2% CB using Apple Pay, 1% with physical card),  especially since I'm android phone user. However, the main reason I decided to accept the offer was because unfortunately as a millennial, I could never turn down a  'Metal Card.' 

All jokes aside, the real reason was the No Annual Fee, which fits into my long term plan of closing down accounts with AFs with no real benfit and low CLs, while aging all accounts with no AFs or cards that offer real value. No foreign transaction fees is a plus since I do travel outside the US for work ever so offen, and my backup card that I used while oversea was closed eariler this year (Jasper MC).  Also all my kids are kids are apple users so there is potental to get them gifts for while earning some CB rewards.  

I was able to fully set up my account on one of my kids old iPads they don't seem to use anymore and order my physical card yesterday. I also switch my T-Mobile monthly cell phone & home internet bill from Credit One to the Apple Card via Apple pay which will earn 3% CB compared to 1% . 

Lastly, something that I think is VERY surprising was as of 4 hours ago I was notifed via email that I earned an unsolicited CLI to $6500 Smiley Surprised. Originally I was not planning to even make a post about this approval, but this 3-day CLI is was to crazy not to share. It is safe to said I'm a very greatful so far the largest SL to date since I beginning my rebuild, the largest CL I currently have while simultaneous putting my Credit One card in the sock drawer. I guess its time to restart my garden counter.....again. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Apple Card approved, highest SL to date during my rebuild.

Congrats on the new 🍏 Apple Card Approval 🤑👍👍

Nice progress on your rebuild!

Message 2 of 27
GZG
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Apple Card Approval! 

Amazing CL! 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 27
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

3 day CLI...interesting!

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Apple Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

5807458526_dc54025065_b.jpg

Message 4 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Approval!

Message 5 of 27
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Very nice.  Do you plan to put some spends on the card?

Message 6 of 27
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Congrats on your Apple card approval and highest starting limit, @citymunkySmiley Very Happy

Garfield_You rock.jpg

I, too, used to be an android user but had switched to iPhone before the Apple card came out.  While yes, you can have an Apple card as long as you have an Apple ID, the card offers so many more features if you pair it with an iPhone.  You might consider making the switch!  For one, you unlock the ability to get 2% on the card (or 3% some places like Walgreen's or Exxon) whereever Apple Pay is accepted, and you can do it without having to carry the physical card if you choose.  You can also access your credit card number and security code easily since it's available in Apple Wallet.  Managing the card's charges and payments is very seemless through an iPhone.  You'll have immediate notification of new charges, breakdown of where charges occured and for what, access to statements, etc.  Paying the bill is super-easy and takes me less than a minute.  So while I think you'll enjoy your Apple card, I really think it pairs best with an iPhone to take full advantage of the benefits and features. 

Congrats again on your approval and welcome to Apple Card!

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 7 of 27
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

congrats on your apple card...such a solid card during a rebuild.  i would however recommend getting the iphone because you are going to be stuck at 1% cash back for all purhcases even those made at the apple store. You need to have apple pay to unlock the 2 and 3% cash back. Also the card has so much more functionality with an iphone - you are missing out on the whole experience without it. Also im not sure how you go about asking for a cli since you need to use imessage to do so. All these things might make you reconsider going with an iphone if you plan on getting full use of this card. 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 8 of 27
citymunky
Established Contributor

Major spend, No, not really, but I will keep it alive with my month phone bill with is one of the selected retailers that offer 3% Cash Back. Maybe the purchase of the new apple product with the kids ask. 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 9 of 27
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@citymunky are you able to see your card number csv and expiration without the iphone since the physical card only has your name? im really curious about how it works 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.