Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card offer - Update Approved/Accepted

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card offer

Congratulations. Whether you accept is a personal choice. It is 3% at Apple, 3% at Walgreen's, 2% everywhere when using Apple Pay, and the physical card is 1% everywhere. If you accept the offer, they will do a TU HP. The card reports only to TU for now. So, if you have cards from issuers that only use Equifax or only use Experian, you are still sort of in the garden as far as they are concerned.

In a moment of weakness, I accepted a $5k offer, similar interest rate to yours (don't remember the exact decimal value). Both Apple Pay on iPhone and the physical card are cool and slick, but not sure it was really worth getting, since I have better rewards on other cards for where I actually spend money. The only place it technically makes sense for me to use the card, given my spending patterns, is when I buy a birthday card or something at Walgreen's. Guess it doesn't hurt much, though. If it would be your highest CL, it might be worth it for that reason. JMO, good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 11 of 20
Zeno
Contributor

I do shop at Walgreens sometimes so that could be useful to me but there are some places i saw listed where i can use apple pay. I am trying to get my scores to increase more. I make my payments and have nothing negative ever on my report. If i accept this offer i will have 4 cards in all and i may stop there since i don't see anything else for me.

Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 12 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Zeno Contributor
‎01-08-2020 01:34 PM
I was told that they report to Transunion and potentially other bureaus in the future.

My HP appeared about three weeks ago with my Aug application date on TU.
Message 13 of 20
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats and let us know how everything turns out

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 14 of 20
Zeno
Contributor

I accepted the offer and got card in mail the other day. I haven’t used it yet but I like how the card feels. I saw a picture of the Apple Card that had mixed colors like a rainbow. I like that design as well hopefully that can be a color option in future.
Ex:717 EQ: 734 TU: 721
Message 15 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 16 of 20
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Zeno wrote:
I accepted the offer and got card in mail the other day. I haven’t used it yet but I like how the card feels. I saw a picture of the Apple Card that had mixed colors like a rainbow. I like that design as well hopefully that can be a color option in future.

That is how it will look in your Iphone wallet. The color is based upon the categories you spend in.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 17 of 20
Traveler101
Established Contributor

congrats!
Message 18 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 19 of 20
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.