Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple FCU Platinum Visa CLI $2K to $7K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple FCU Platinum Visa CLI $2K to $7K

I've been mulling over the question of applying for a CLI on my Apple FCU Platinum Visa for a couple of months now, since getting several large CLI's in October/November. Since Apple is a smaller regional credit union, it doesn't have online facilities to apply for credit limit increases, so I had to contact them directly to inquire how to go about doing it. I was considering waiting a couple of months, but was contacted by them yesterday to ask if I was interested in pursuing the application. Thought about it a bit more, decided I was (even though it required a HP on TU), and went through with the application. I just got the email, I've been approved for a $5K CLI to move my card from a rather picayune $2,000 to $7,000, matching my Penfed Power Cash Rewards. Smiley Happy Looks like things are really beginning to move along now, and since Apple is offering 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months until March 31st, I now have more flexibility to move one of my higher-interest balances. In fact I'll probably be BT'ing what's left of my Capital 1 secured card balance to Apple in the near future, closing that card, and using the refunded deposit to pay down/pay off at least one other card.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple FCU Platinum Visa CLI $2K to $7K

Congrats on the increase. I rarely see this card with larger limits, I do believe this is the first beyond $3k I've seen. Enjoy that 0% offer!

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cherekas wrote:

Congrats on the increase. I rarely see this card with larger limits, I do believe this is the first beyond $3k I've seen. Enjoy that 0% offer!

I'm pretty sure they saw that Penfed CLI'ed me to $7K on my Power Cash Rewards a couple months ago when they reviewed my credit history, and decided they needed to keep up with the competition. Smiley Wink (P.S. I requested $8K more to bring my CL to $10K to match my new Quicksilver Visa, but I'd have been satisfied with a CLI of $2K to a $4K CL and very pleased with $4K more to bring me to $6K.)

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Apples are red, violets are blue ,oh how i wish i could be youSmiley Happy On a roll, nice jobSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Apples are red, violets are blue ,oh how i wish i could be youSmiley Happy On a roll, nice jobSmiley Happy

I'll say - $16.5k new credit in the first two weeks of the new year! I think it's time to kick back for a while, though, and let these cards sprout...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello: When you initially applied for Apple FCU credit card, did you have to send proof of income?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.