Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple FCU Visa approval, $2K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple FCU Visa approval, $2K

Just got the word a few minutes ago via email from my contact at the local branch of Apple Federal Credit Union (serving most of Northern Virginia) that my application for a Visa has been approved at $2,000 (the original app was for $5K). I'm off work today for a doctor's appointment so I'll be going down to Apple afterward to complete the paperwork; the email said I'd been approved for a Platinum so I'm not sure if this is the MyRewards Visa or the basic Platinum, if the latter, I should be able to get a PC in due course (I'll have to ask the banker when I get down there).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple FCU Visa approval, $2K

Nice approval!  More reason for rebuilders to always build a relationship with a CU as well.

If it's the MyRewards card, looks like it'll only be useful for gas and groceries because your QS offers better cash back than the MyRewards default rate, IF their rewards are 1 point per penny.  Either way, it's a good card to throw those expenses on and see if they give you CLIs over time for utilization help.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!! And I completely agree with ABCD, CUs can be great to work with, rebuilding or not
Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Happy for you JoeSmiley Happy Not everyday you can tell people you got an Apple credit card, if you really want to make the minds wonder, get it in yellowSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the standard (no rewards, but I note that Quicksilver is better rewards-wise anyway) Platinum Visa card for $2,000, with the option to upgrade to MyRewards later on. I asked about CLI's and I can begin requesting them after 6 to 12 months of responsible use (the banker recommended 12 months to be on the safe side; it appears Apple FCU is more conservative about CLI's than other, bigger lenders - but she was possibly being conservative as well in her advice; I'd appreciate hearing from other Apple FCU members as to their CLI experiences). This card can expand to $35,000. 7 to 10 business days should be allowed for the card to process and be mailed, so I should get it by, at latest, the end of the month/beginning of July.

EDIT 6/20: My new Visa has been added to my list of accounts on my Apple member site. How long does it take for them to report new cards or loans to the credit bureaus?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.