Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple card approval EXTREME LOW Limit

tag
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Apple card approval EXTREME LOW Limit

I was excited to get one of these. So excited, I went thru days of troubleshooting.

When I finally figured out the tech issue, I got turned down at first. Then I was given an option to have Goldman Sachs review my application and approved with a $250 limit at 12.99%

Wow I was mad and sad. I accepted it, just because I wanted one of these cards so bad, but it will most likely get very minimal usage and sock-drawered or pocketed.

I have scores between 650-665, approximately. They have been fluctuating.

I have a car loan, a personal loan, a CreditBuilder loan, student loans, many credit cards (at just 2% utilization), a BK7 from Dec. 2016.

I have seen people getting $10,000+ limits with worse scores.

What gives?!?!?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

Re: Apple card approval EXTREME LOW Limit

Your BK7 is probably the reason
BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - just curious about your comment about being given the option to have GS review your application after denial. How did you get this option?

I’ve read many reports of no recon options on this card. Has that changed?

Message 3 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

It said "we can't initially approve you, to have Goldman look at your Apple purchase history and review, click yes"

Message 4 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Could be. I guess they aren't issuing CLIs for 6 months. I guess it's nice to get an approval with a new bank.

Message 5 of 24
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Could be. I guess they aren't issuing CLIs for 6 months. I guess it's nice to get an approval with a new bank.

I got the same message about "can't approve you with a review" when I did mine today as well. I'm guessing they just didn't have enough on you internally, but then after hitting continue the next screen popped up in like 5 seconds and it had the offer. Most of the folks who got denied had a common trend, some sort of late payment on their report within the last 3 years. I think you squeezed by considering you have a BK on there because many who had a late, but not BK were not getting approved at all. You gotta start somewhere -- keep at it! 

Message 6 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. If it's any consolation prize, 12.99% is the best APR.

Message 7 of 24
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yes, I hope that I can continue to rebuild and maybe they'll bump me to $1000 in 6 months. We'll see though!

Message 8 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Yes, I hope that I can continue to rebuild and maybe they'll bump me to $1000 in 6 months. We'll see though!

I think that could be quite possible. Reasonable to believe it's easier getting a CLI than a APR reduction. Good luck.

Message 9 of 24
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I also received a lowish APR and low SL. I declined it. Have checked three times since and it is still there. Gonna wait them out.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.