Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple card vs US bank Visa plus

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Apple card vs US bank Visa plus

Us Bank kicks Apple but. I applied again for for the apple card in the wallet, this time it ask for state ID it took couple of time to get system to scan the the ID card front and the back. the application was under review and will get an answer in 1 to 3 days. I called Gs and was told that some one would contact me by phone to verify info and that I may need to send in a picture of my ID, thay told that some Ny persons needed to go through this. Could not get any one to take care of this , I must wate for call or email. The last time applied for apple card Got cl of 8500 an intrest rate of 17.99 percent. To day I called US bank tole free number 1800 532 4019, And applied for Visa plus. Spent about 10 mins on phone with nice guy gave same info that I gave to GS, by time I got off the phone I approve for Visa plus card with cl of 14.5K and intrest rate of 15.5 percent. If Us bank can grant CL of 14.5K and much lower rate then GS I did not need show ID or prof of income then what up with GS and Apple this is better card I buy Apple stuf and get 5 percent back up 2500. US bank Hard pull from Experian Credit Report got alert as I was on the phone.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple card vs US bank Visa plus

more news I am having great Friday night, Just called Discover card to ask for an Credit line increase my cl is 27K. Gave them my income of 75K and other info that was ask. CSr said you ben aprove for line increase to 27.5K. I said I would like to have an even 28K, she put me through to Credit operations and by time I got off the phone my new Cl was 28K. between US bank and Discover Got 15K more Credit. Apple is BS GS is joke. If GS does't have ability to have staff to get you approve right away they need to call me back then apple has problem.

Message 2 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

You can’t really expect a new player to be as efficient as someone who’s been in the game for decades can you? Not trying to defend them as a matter of fact I even rejected their offer few weeks ago but just trying to be as realistic as possible. Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successes. 

Side question: If your so unsatisfied with Apple and Goldman’s requirements, why are you upset about it? Every lender has their own system/algorithm etc. Some are easier than others. Some (not many) give their CS reps a bit of leadway (which I feel is still system generated despite speaking to a CSR. I can’t be certain, as I’ve never worked for any lender, but I’m almost positive those reps are still pressing a button to get the ok). 

Dont let it stress you......just move on. 

Message 4 of 11
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Please Don't stick up for Apple and GS, It is not only the credit line but way Apple and Gs went about BSing the public. This is going to be a better card lower rates less hassle. I am not up set but I do have lot of apple products. Gs gave this country lot of problems and we taxpayers bail out GS in 2008. They should had it all work out befor lunch of card.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So apple and gs bs’d the public and caused a lot of problems for our country but you still applied but are mad because they need to verify your info?? If you really don’t like them move on.

I applied was had an instant approval as have many. So maybe it has something to do with your profile?
Message 6 of 11
firefox100
Valued Contributor

The problem is not that I did not get an instant aproval with Apple is way it was handle, on Friday afternoon about 5pm when I called in to Gs to find out what was happening with my application. Ther should had been csr or department rep that should had been available to verify me and get me on my way. With an operation as large as Apple and Gs then they should had all ther ducks in role. Customer experience verry important to apple. I had much better experience with Discover and US bank. Apple should not bite off more then they can handle. Just for every ones info I was approved instantly aprove the first time I applied for apple card, may have mis typed some info that may be the problem.

Message 7 of 11
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Up date I check my apple wallet and has message you will get phone call in 1 to 3 days for more info. What that means that I will need to wate  after holidays Tuesday at earilest will be Tuesday what joke GS is. I just called US bank and put in my ssn and was told what my credit line is and what interest rate is. I don't think the creditcard indursty needs worry about Apple and Gs They are going to be big factor not big competitor more hype then bite.

Message 8 of 11
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Up date on Apple credit card application and state ID problems. I called friend who works for New york state department of banking and he gave me a phone number to GS back door number this number is advocacy, the number is 877 968 4372 seven days a week. I Called the number and talk to nice lady she look up my application and she told that GS is having problem with some states ID because for ID security built in to the ID cards phone camera can not pick up and read info on the card. Apple knows about the problem and is back log  with applications. They need to do phone call and manual verify. Also I spoke to lady about my intrest rate and Credit line from first application, she said that ther have other complaints about intrest rates GS is looking into thes problems. Why should I walk way?

Message 9 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Firefox

You have been bashing Apple/GS since Aug 2nd. What I don’t understand is why are you letting it get under your skin like this. As you’ve found out, there are other CCCs that fit your needs and wants much better. It’s okay to move on from a CC you don’t like. But to continue the same rant for weeks about how awful Apple/GS is should be really tiring. And why, for god’s sake, reapply for a card in which you absolutely hate the way their process works? I really am trying to understand this. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.