Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleCard, SG Visa and PPMC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AppleCard, SG Visa and PPMC

Came out the garden for a bit to see what the credit world had to offer since I last traversed its landscape 2 years ago. Started with the AppleCard last month based off a SP pre-approval. At the same time I checked if anything popped up with Sportsman's Guide. There she was... the SG VISA I so longed after for years. Didn't immediately pull the trigger as I had to do some recon based on the issuer.

While reconning Comenity, I kept seeing the PayPal CLI threads and that got the gears turning. All roads led to the devastation that was the Synchrony Mass Closure thread. Had some previous experience with Comenity (2 AA Train visits for Non-Use) but none with Synchrony. Figured Comenity would be a pre-approved layup just unsure of the SL. Synchrony was a total shot in the dark. Was previously laying low for a shot at PenFed but there's a couple bumps being ironed out presently and some positive milestones being reached in a couple months I'd rather let happen before I walk down that path for a higher SL outcome. Lower hanging fruit was the theme this go round.

Sat on the SG Visa SP for 30 days before I apped. Almost didnt follow through but anticipation ruled the day. Let her rip and came back Approved but no stated SL. Had to call in to CS for the numbers. Funny thing, Comenity snail mailed a Pre-approval Letter based on my SP 30 days prior. Received letter a day after online app and approval.

Synchrony's PPMC app verification process however was a trip: 2 websites, 2 phone Calls, 2 Reference codes, Video + Photo ID Upload and a 5 minute phone call Hold. I think the rep went to use the restroom Smiley Very Happy Eventially Approved. BTW, secondary CRs were in Security Mode at the time. Totally forgot. Didnt matter. Figured I put these modest SL puppies to use and enjoy the SP Grow Mode they're known for. I now await the FICO score hit. Smiley Very Happy

AppleCard MC = $2,100 (SP TU / HP Chex)

Sportsman's Guide Visa = $2,800 (SP EX / SP EQ / Sagestream?)

PayPal Cashback MC = $2,000 (HP EX / HP TU / Facial Recognition Video + ID Document Upload)

Back to the Garden till Turkey Day 2022.

ETA: Got the Double Pull from SYNCB / PayPal. EX and TU HP.

12 REPLIES 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Back in the Garden I Swear... AppleCard, SG Visa and PPMC

You've been busy!  Congratulations on all your approvals!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 2 of 13
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: AppleCard, SG Visa and PPMC

Congrats on your approvals

Message 3 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on those NEW approvals!! 

Message 4 of 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new accounts!

Message 5 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 13
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your AppleCard, SG Visa and PPMC approvals!

Message 7 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! .

Message 8 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals 👍🏼

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the 2nd HP from Synchrony for TU. After the Facial recognition Verify process and the Double HP figured I might as well just prepare a DNA sample to send along. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.