cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied Costco Visa - Further Processing Required- Update: Declined then Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied Costco Visa - Further Processing Required- Update: Declined then Approved!

Applied for a Costco Visa Card today and received the response below.  Has anyone received that and know if that means no?

• We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you in approximately 7-10 days regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online. Thank you for requesting a Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi.

My Equifax was pulled, 718.  I received an email confirming the same and a link to check my application status. Any tips or insight would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied Costco Visa - Further Processing Required?

When I applied for the the Costco Anywhere VISA last year I got the same notification. I called them either the day I applied or the following day; turns out they just needed to verify something about my address. So my insight is calling them tomorrow MAY be helpful...good luck!

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BetterMoves @Thanks for the reply. Hoping that is it. I don't see a phone number to call, I realize probably a stretch thet you still have it, but what phone number did you use?

Message 3 of 13
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

I don't recall which number I called then, but the Citi Costco customer service number is 855-378-6467; I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous - alternatively, you can check out the following thread and see if any of the listed numbers (under Citi) may work for you:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar also very helpful! Thank you for your help. I'll update the thread once I have a response!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar @BetterMoves  Thank you both for your help, I called this morning and they said they needed to verify income, housing payment.  Once I did that, the lady with no emotion said I was declined due to DTI.  I will provide my stats below, but then she said I could include any regularly monthly income I get that I didn't put on the application, which I actually have but didn't include.  With that information she said I was approved with a limit of $4,900.  

Income: $120,000 year

Credit Card Util: AZEO,  $1100/$56,800 - Only reason $1100 is because I bought a tv from Costco with my Discover card (5% cash back) right before statement closing date (amateur move I know)

DTI pre adding income was 25%, which seems very low to me so I am a little surprised.

Equifax pulled: 718 score

Message 7 of 13
angelofmusic86
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar @BetterMoves  Thank you both for your help, I called this morning and they said they needed to verify income, housing payment.  Once I did that, the lady with no emotion said I was declined due to DTI.  I will provide my stats below, but then she said I could include any regularly monthly income I get that I didn't put on the application, which I actually have but didn't include.  With that information she said I was approved with a limit of $4,900.  

Income: $120,000 year

Credit Card Util: AZEO,  $1100/$56,800 - Only reason $1100 is because I bought a tv from Costco with my Discover card (5% cash back) right before statement closing date (amateur move I know)

DTI pre adding income was 25%, which seems very low to me so I am a little surprised.

Equifax pulled: 718 score

Well, I have no insight on the situation, but wanted to say congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy

CH7 Filed 05.01.2020; Discharged 10.21.2020

10.22.2020 FICO8 Scores: EQ 615 TU 560 EX 581
06.28.2023 FICO8 Scores: EQ 663 TU 663 EX 661

Rebuild progress: Kohl's $3,000; CapitalOne QS $0AF $3,600; CreditOne Rewards $700; CapitalOne Walmart MC $3,000; Overdraft Line $250; PenFed PCR $10,000; Kemba Visa $3,500; CreditOne $0AF AMEX $1,500; Target RedCard $1,200; paid off reaffirmed car loan!; Wells Fargo Active Cash $1,500; Comenity Ultamate Rewards MC $4,250; CapitalOne Savor One $3,000; Amazon Store Card $3,600; CareCredit $7,400; Synchrony TJ Maxx Mastercard $3,500; Well's Fargo Reflect Visa $3,500; Levin Furniture $7,400
Gardening until December 2023.
Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied Costco Visa - Further Processing Required- Update: Declined then Approved!

Awesome news @Anonymous.  Thanks for the update and congrats on the Costco approval.  Glad to hear it worked out in the end. 

I went to ahead and moved your thread to the Approvals forum so that folks can join your celebratory success👍

Message 9 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Costco Visa approval! Enjoy your new card!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.