Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

I was a bit surprised by this and I'm not sure what it means. I just checked my reports at CreditSecure and I see Amex harded me. As expected I have one inq on my EX report. Some facts about my credit scores and reports.

FICO 08 scores: 850 for all three CRA's

26+ year credit history

AAoA 11 years

No inqs

Clean reports

I have an Amex Platinum card and a Clear card (25K CL). I have been doing business with them for a long time. Both cards have a member since date of 1988.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Should I call someone at Amex? If so, what's the number or backdoor number?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

@fused wrote:

I was a bit surprised by this and I'm not sure what it means. I just checked my reports at CreditSecure and I see Amex harded me. As expected I have one inq on my EX report. Some facts about my credit scores and reports.

26+ year credit history

AAoA 11 years

No inqs

Clean reports

I have an Amex Platinum card and a Clear card (25K CL). I have been doing business with them for a long time. Both cards have a member since date of 1988.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Should I call someone at Amex? If so, what's the number or backdoor number?

Thanks!

Hi fused

AmEx: 800-567-1083 (App Status - Use with caution if attempting a denied app recon; have been advised by one member that they can only resubmit app with another hard pull)

As you know Amex can be weird sometimes but give it up to an hour check your email and if nothing ....give em a call

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@fused wrote:

26+ year credit history

AAoA 11 years

No inqs

Clean reports

Thanks!

Hi fused

AmEx: 800-567-1083 (App Status - Use with caution if attempting a denied app recon; have been advised by one member that they can only resubmit app with another hard pull)

As you know Amex can be weird sometimes but give it up to an hour check your email and if nothing ....give em a call

I agree with the wait , it was the next day before my cousin knew anything and was approved

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Journey and -Wade-. I haven't apped for a CC in about 7 years. Back then, a 14 day notification wasn't always good news. I guess with Amex these days, the 14 day notification isn't necessarily the kiss of death.

Message 4 of 90
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

Thank you, Journey and -Wade-. I haven't apped for a CC in about 7 years. Back then, a 14 day notification wasn't always good news. I guess with Amex these days, the 14 day notification isn't necessarily the kiss of death.

Yeah times do change. With your scores i would not worry

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 90
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I dont have any info for you on Amex, just wanted to say grats on your scores, I do believe you are the first one I have ever read about that has 850 across all 3. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 90
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fused wrote:

I also think your ok 

Sometimes for cardholders for some strange reason Amex does this but not always the kiss of death now a days seeing the 14 day message.

Good luck I'll be pulling for you.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 90
TheFate
Established Contributor

You probably input something wrong on your app by mistake.. I'm 100% sure you wont be denied, maybe they were just shocked to see a perfect score accross the board Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@-Wade- wrote:

@fused wrote:

Yeah times do change. With your scores i would not worry

I hope so!

Message 9 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

I dont have any info for you on Amex, just wanted to say grats on your scores, I do believe you are the first one I have ever read about that has 850 across all 3. Smiley Happy

Thanks! I was completely shocked.

Message 10 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.