Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied For The Amex BCP And Received 14 Day Notice

I don't see how it's leading to a FR, but that's just my opinion. I think it's taking the wait to a-whole-nother level. Similar to the Centurion comment.

Come on guys! lol Smiley Wink
Message 51 of 90
Bman70
Established Contributor

Well OP has a Clear card already with 25k limit. Hasn't exposure over 25k been linked to income verification? Anecdotally only of course. It would be more likely with a lower income profile of course.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 52 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I spoke with another person at Amex. He said they will try and verify some things and it might take two to three more days. If they can't verify "these things", then they will send me a letter letting me know what I have to do. I don't like the way this is going. The underwriters are very insulated at Amex. I can't speak with anyone in their dep't.

Message 53 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Bman70 wrote:

Well OP has a Clear card already with 25k limit. Hasn't exposure over 25k been linked to income verification? Anecdotally only of course. It would be more likely with a lower income profile of course.

I have quite a bit less available credit than some of the other posters in this forum. I do know that Amex cardholders with 25K+ accounts were prone to a FR in the past. I don't know about Amex's policies today.

Message 54 of 90
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think $25k+ being FR related has EVER been an Amex thing but a few members posted about such things and it's become practical Amex stone that just keeps going and going... It's not true.
Amex can FR at $1k or $100k the CL isn't the deciding factor
Message 55 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:
I don't think $25k+ being FR related has EVER been an Amex thing but a few members posted about such things and it's become practical Amex stone that just keeps going and going... It's not true.

I agree to some extent. 25K+ CL's was not the only reason Amex would do a FR. In 2008 to about 2010 there were a number of FR triggers. Sudden changes in spending and payment habits were two of them. Signing up for flex pay was another. Owning a home in an area with lots of homeowners upside down on their mortgages seemed to be another (I'm still not completely sold on that one). The 25K+ CC was another. Countless people in this forum and other credit forums were given a FR when they asked for CLI's that would have put their CL above 25K. That's not to say it happened to just about everyone in that situation. myFICO and other credit forums were saturated with threads on this very topic. As for what might trigger a FR with Amex today, I just don't know.

Message 56 of 90
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I agree to some extent. 25K+ CL's was not the only reason Amex would do a FR. In 2008 to about 2010 there were a number of FR triggers. Sudden changes in spending and payment habits were two of them. Signing up for flex pay was another. Owning a home in an area with lots of homeowners upside down on their mortgages seemed to be another (I'm still not completely sold on that one). The 25K+ CC was another. Countless people in this forum and other credit forums were given a FR when they asked for CLI's that would have put their CL above 25K. That's not to say it happened to just about everyone in that situation. myFICO and other credit forums were saturated with threads on this very topic. As for what might trigger a FR with Amex today, I just don't know.

In my mother's case, she triggered a FR because she was making outrages purchases on her biz CC's.

Message 57 of 90
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Generally, the "FR"s for CLI, at $25K or elsewhere, weren't FRs, merely request for proof of income.  If you refused, you didn't get the CLI, but your cards remained as they were.  In a real FR, failure to produce the documents causes your accounts to be closed.

Message 58 of 90
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Hey fused, any updates?

Message 59 of 90
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Ltlurker, I notice your bc line is 50k. Was this the result of consolidating other amex CLs into one or from multiple 3 CLS requests?

Thx
Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 60 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.