Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for 2 Amex Cards 1 approved

tag
916networktech
Contributor

Applied for 2 Amex Cards 1 approved

Thank you to everyone on the forum for your post I am still learning Smiley Happy

I applied for 2 AMEX cards last night

Amex Everyday

Amex Schwab 

I was approved for the Everday Card after Reconsideration, however the rep told me that I had to wait 1 week to revisit the Schwab Amex because I couldnt apply for 2 cards in 1 week period.  He said to call back in 5 days won't that cause another HP?. 

On the online checker it shows:

We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I already have an Amex Blue Cash Card and I wanted the Everyday card because of the offers it has sometimes.  However I wanted to get my hands on the Schwab Card.

Quick Synopsis

Experian 694 

TU 705

Amex Blue - $3,000 (just increased from $1000-3000 yesterday)

Amex Everday - $2,700

BofA Visa Cash - $1,700

Discover - $1,500

Paypal MC - $700

CareCredit - $12,000

Norstrom Store Card - $1,000

Credit Started December 2016 . Utilization 23%, Inquiries 5

| January 2017 American Express Blue $3000 | October 2017 American Express Everyday $2800 | October 2017 American Express Schwab Investor Card $6000 | September 2017 Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $500 | December 2016 Discover it | $3,000 | September 2017 Paypal MC $700 | September 2017 Nordstrom Store CC $3000 | CreditCare $12000 | December 2017 BBVA Visa $12500 |

EX 688 December 2018
TU 680 December 2018
INQs: 5
Credit Started January 2017

cc
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Applied for 2 Amex Cards 1 approved

Nice jobSmiley Happy Congrats on your 3x as wellSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@916networktech wrote:

Thank you to everyone on the forum for your post I am still learning Smiley Happy

Amex Everyday

Amex Schwab 

I was approved for the Everday Card after Reconsideration, however the rep told me that I had to wait 1 week to revisit the Schwab Amex because I couldnt apply for 2 cards in 1 week period.  He said to call back in 5 days won't that cause another HP?. 

We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision

I already have an Amex Blue Cash Card and I wanted the Everyday card because of the offers it has sometimes.  However I wanted to get my hands on the Schwab Card.

Quick Synopsis

Experian 694 

TU 705

Amex Everday - $2,700

BofA Visa Cash - $1,700

Discover - $1,500

Paypal MC - $700

CareCredit - $12,000

Patience!!!

Message 3 of 8
916networktech
Contributor

Just wanted to Let everyone know,

Amex did not use 1 HP for the application for the Everyday Card, and Schwab Card.  They did 2 HP even though they were submitted on the same day

Smiley Sad

I got an alert from Experien, on a positive note I was approved for the Schwab Card

| January 2017 American Express Blue $3000 | October 2017 American Express Everyday $2800 | October 2017 American Express Schwab Investor Card $6000 | September 2017 Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $500 | December 2016 Discover it | $3,000 | September 2017 Paypal MC $700 | September 2017 Nordstrom Store CC $3000 | CreditCare $12000 | December 2017 BBVA Visa $12500 |

EX 688 December 2018
TU 680 December 2018
INQs: 5
Credit Started January 2017

cc
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar scenario but Itheu only did one pull. I got the everyday card and blue cash card a week apart on the same pull. My ex score was 674 at the time.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@916networktech wrote:

Amex Everyday

Amex Schwab 

Quick Synopsis

Experian 694 

TU 705

Amex Everday - $2,700

BofA Visa Cash - $1,700

Discover - $1,500

Paypal MC - $700

CareCredit - $12,000

That is BS what the CSR said...i applied for the AMEX Delta Platinum this month and then the AMEX ED a few days later and instantly approved.  CSR have different answers for the same question.  Congrats on the one card though!!

Edit: Congrats on both cards Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@916networktech wrote:

Amex Everyday

Amex Schwab 

Quick Synopsis

Experian 694 

TU 705

Amex Everday - $2,700

BofA Visa Cash - $1,700

Discover - $1,500

Paypal MC - $700

CareCredit - $12,000

That is BS what the CSR said...i applied for the AMEX Delta Platinum this month and then the AMEX ED a few days later and instantly approved.  CSR have different answers for the same question.  Congrats on the one card though!!

Edit: Congrats on both cards Smiley Very Happy

It depends on which Schwab card the OP applied for... if it was the Investor card that might have been what caused the five day wait, since it's a revolver.

Ironically, Amex lately hasn't been doing a HP for existing cardholders, so if the OP had waited a little while it's possible the Schwab card might have been approved with no HP anyway. 

Of course if the OP is talking about the Schwab Platinum then this is moot, and it's indeed odd that Amex required a five day wait.

In any case, congrats on the approvals @916networktechscreamer.gif

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice approval! Congrats... Cant wait to be back in with them.Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.