tag
CoolHandSean
Valued Member

Applied for 9 Cards in 3 Weeks

Here's what happened in order:

Applied 17 September

• Capital One Venture X: $30K

Applied 7 October

• US Bank Altitude Reserve: $10K (Approved after Recon)
  • X1 Credit Card: $27.5K
  • Apple Card: $8.5K
  • Citi Double Cash: Denied
  • Wells Fargo Active Cash: $16K
  • Citi AAdvantage Exec World Elite: Denied (Technically didn't count as a denial because the Double Cash denial prevented the application from being reviewed)
  • Chase Amazon Prime Rewards: $21K (Approved after Recon)

Applied 10 October

• PayPal Cashback MasterCard: $5K (I was curious if I would still be approved considering all the recent FICO CRA inquiry updates on my app and I though I read somewhere that you can be pre-approved for the PayPal card without a HP. I was dumb and didn't realize that even though they say if you aren't approved they won't do a HP, this isn't actually a pre-approval where you can choose if you still want to proceed. Once I was approved it automatically processed the application and did a HP. So yeah very dumb on my part).

All in all I was approved for 7 of the 9 cards I applied for but there was only truly the 1 denial because Citi didn't process the AAdvatage application. Welp, time for me to go gardening for at least 10 years lol

Update: EX dropped 33 points post app spree. Still waiting on EQ and TU to update but they always take forever.

2023 Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for 8 Cards in 3 Weeks

Dude, you are crazy... like a fox.  I love it.  Congrats on the solid additions.  Yes, grab a rake... or a hoe, and do some gardening Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 32
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

WOW THATS A LOT OF CARDSWOW THATS A LOT OF CARDS

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 32
CoolHandSean
Valued Member

I know I have a problem lol. Just love the validation of getting approved for credit and the satisfaction of achieving the minimum spend to get welcome bonuses and filing the card away only to get another card and do it all over again.

2023 Goal Cards:

Message 4 of 32
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Dude, you get no hate here.  I'm loving it.  And I admire anyone with a brass set, which you obviously have.  And if the name in your username belongs to you that's even better.   Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 32
805orbust
Valued Contributor

friggin @SUPERSQUID ... you are cracking me up with these images today!

Message 6 of 32
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@CoolHandSean wrote:

Here's what happened in order:

Applied 17 September

• Capital One Venture X: $30K

Applied 7 October

• US Bank Altitude Reserve: Denied
  • X1 Credit Card: $27.5K
  • Apple Card: $8.5K
  • Citi Double Cash: Denied
  • Wells Fargo Active Cash: $16K
  • Citi AAdvantage Exec World Elite: Denied
  • Chase Amazon Prime Rewards: Denied (5/24 rule was in effect but figured I try anyway)

Welp, time for me to go gardening for at least 12 months.

Maybe loose your log in for chex systems that way you have to wait for a snail mail replacement? Maybe the urge will pass. Trust me, I know. Congratulations on approvals though.

Message 7 of 32
WasteMgmt
Regular Contributor

Wow! That was quite the spree haha. Congrats on the approvals. 

CapitalOne Venture X, CapitalOne Quicksilver, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Freedom OG, Chase Freedom OG, Amex BCE, Wells Fargo Autograph
Last application 5/2023
Message 8 of 32
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approvals but I believe the tortoise wins the credit race.

Message 9 of 32
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Dude, you are crazy... like a fox.  I love it.  Congrats on the solid additions.  Yes, grab a rake... or a hoe, and do some gardening Smiley LOL

@805orbust - and also some bricks to build a 🧱 wall around the garden. 👈

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.