Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for a savings account and added a US Bank Cash+ VS Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for a savings account and added a US Bank Cash+ VS Approval

Let me start by saying I did not have any intention of opening a new credit line as I recently opened an SPG Luxury card earlier this month and my app spree days are hopefully just under 24 months behind me! Smiley Very Happy  My intent was to deepen my relationship with US Bank because I want to have the best profile possible for when I apply for the Altitude Reserve (the plan was and still is to apply for the Reserve in 1Q 2020.)

I applied for the Gold Checking at US Bank last week because the fees are waived if you have an existing credit account. That application went to pending.  Called on Tuesday for verification - and mentioned to the banker that I have a REI Mastercard issued by US Bank and wanted to confirm that holding this tradeline would help me bypass the fees.  She said it did.  Done, account approved.  I then applied for the Package Money Market Savings that afternoon - had my checking account been approved last week, I wanted to double it up, but I couldn't because of the pending app.  The application process went much smoother and I did get pre-approved offers to add a credit card to the app.  My only options were the Cash+ and the Platinum.  Each had an SL of $18,500.00 and the lowest APRs for new accounts.  When I saw the SL and it was not a toy limit, I couldn't refuse.  I accepted the offer for the Cash+, and by doing so, I was unable to accept the Platinum as well (the card doesn't interest me, but I would've been tempted to get 2 cards with the terms spelled out right there before the hard pull).

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised with the instant approval.  When I applied for the REI card, I had to go through verification and that took a week as well to get approved.

My question here - for anyone in the know - is if I were really motivated to get the Altitude Reserve in the next few days, would it use the same HP?

Anyway, here are some DPs:

-Instant approval on 19 February; is now in my online account 21 February

-SL $18,500.00 (no need for me to recon), APR 16.24%

-existing US Bank relationship via my REI card (17 months old); I added the checking and savings accounts on Tuesday, plus the new card

-I do have a balance on my REI card - it has a 0% APR through May and I've pro-rated payments to pay it off; otherwise, my UTI is <3% overall

-LOL/24, 3/12, 2/6 (SPG is not showing yet - and from my personal experience AMEX does not hide new TL for 2 months or more - I expect this one to report tomorrow)

-Inquiries: 2/12

-AAoA: 7 years 4 months

-AoOA: 19 years

-TCL at time of application: 178K

-Thick profile

-My EX and EQ were both frozen/locked (yes, I use both!)

-TU was thawed and unlocked before I started the application.  Not sure which score was pulled.  My FICO 08 was 828 on the date of the app.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Applied for a savings account and added a US Bank Cash+ VS Approval

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

First off, congrats on your new card there.

To answer your question I don't believe you can use the same HP to see about apping for another card and quite honestly I wouldn't just so they don't get a second pair of eyes on your account. You mentioned your LOL/24 so surprised it didn't go to review even if you were going to get approved eventually. I'd pump the brakes and try in 3-6 months once some of those new accounts start falling off to get you out of said LOL/24.

Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on big success. For those who dont care about Chase, LOL/24 can be quite LOLWUTSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

First off, congrats on your new card there.

To answer your question I don't believe you can use the same HP to see about apping for another card and quite honestly I wouldn't just so they don't get a second pair of eyes on your account. You mentioned your LOL/24 so surprised it didn't go to review even if you were going to get approved eventually. I'd pump the brakes and try in 3-6 months once some of those new accounts start falling off to get you out of said LOL/24.

Thank you and I agree - I'm going to stick with my plan to apply for the AR next year.  I will point out US Bank does soft pull my EQ every 3 months or so, not sure about TU or EX as those reports do not show soft inquiries.  Anyway, no need to poke the bear here!

Message 6 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

There is a way to view SPs on EX website if you ever need to 

Go to Disputes, pick Hard Inquires, scroll down  to 'show soft inquiries' and voila ...

Message 7 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yikes! Huuuge SL! Congrats! Maybe one day US Bank and I will be that chummy lol
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I want this card bad 😂 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.