Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for navy fcu card

tag
jenrn123
Valued Member

Re: Applied for navy fcu card

@Chache wrote:
Appreciate the responses my util is at 28% and my debt to income is is pretty good also, i do have 2 credit cards that are maxed out but overall my utilization is 25-28% i dont know if that makes a difference just was suprised i was approved for 8k with penfed and $700 with the highest interest with navy, the reason i went for the platinum card was to do a balance transfer so basically the card is useless because its not enough to transfer anything to

I had a similar experience March/April, 2018. Applied with PenFed and approved for membership and cc with $7000 limit. A month later applied to NFCU (through my son) and apped for cc, $700 limit. No offers with PenFed yet. HP CLI with NFCU taking SL to $2100 at 91/3. Waiting for some auto-luv from Navy since I'm apping for a mortgage in a couple months. I was probably at about 30% overall utilization when I apped for both cards, but nothing over 50%.

Starting Score: EQ - 691; TU - 726; EX - 711
Current Score: EQ - 691; TU - 726; EX - 711
Goal Score: EQ - 780; TU - 780; EX - 780

Mortage Middle Score: Starting - 682; Current - 682; Goal - 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
850yaright

Sounds like my first experiance with Navy , 683 Fico 8 , 20% Util. no derog. clean thick file ......Platinum $1000.

For me CLI don't work 2nd card instant $15K.

Don't try to figure it out use card pay on time , get uti. down , go for CLI , if they shoot you down 2nd card time.

It's not personal , just the way it works with them , seems like no rhyme or reason sometimes.

Message 12 of 14
Chache
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies i did get a report from them i guess its called navy fcu own personal credit score and i am average with that, never seen a company have their own scoring system but my navy fcu credit score is average
Message 13 of 14
Chache
Valued Member

One last thing any advice on how to use the card to get the line increased should i just not use it at all, which would give me a better chance at a cli or maybe just use a % i dont need the card at all the only way i would use it is when it gets a higher credit line

Thanks
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.