cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for the PenFed Pathfinder but They Countered with the Power Cash Rewards

tag
mchang124
Regular Contributor

Applied for the PenFed Pathfinder but They Countered with the Power Cash Rewards

I had opened the Platinum Rewards Card about 3 months ago and the Pathfinder Rewards card made its return. I thought i was in a pretty good position to qualify for this card and I would be able to hit the SUB pretty easily as my monthly spend is around $2500 a month that I can put on a CC. Submitted my app, got a decline but a counter offer from PenFed for the Power Cash Rewards Card. $3500 limit and a 17.99% APR. Going to also open up the checking account to make it a 2% back card and for the future when i do qualify for the Pathfinder Rewards Card, they will waive the AF and earn 4X back on travel purchases.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 12.00.11 AM.png

DP I forgot to add:

TU Fico 8 754 / EX Fico 8 739 / EQ Fico 9 793 (which was pulled for application)

$100k stated income

UTI: 2%

LOL INQ's across all 3 bureaus. This makes my 4th personal card this year in 2020. At time of application, already at $130k plus in available credit. 

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
19 REPLIES 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Applied for the PenFed Pathfinder but They Countered with the Power Cash Rewards

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Applied for the PenFed Pathfinder but They Countered with the Power Cash Rewards

CONGRATS on your PenFed Power Cash Rewards approval and Thanks for the DPs!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 20
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your Power Cash and Platinum Rewards approvals.

Also, keep us updated on your future Pathfinder approval!!

Message 4 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

With some lenders, it would've just led to a denial. Congrats on the PCR approval!!! I'm sure Pathfinder will be in your not too distant future!!

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed PCR approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Congrats 👏🏽🎉 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the PCR. Same starting lmit. You will be happy with this card. Congrats!

Message 8 of 20
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats. I like it when lenders offer other alternatives. Others should make this a normal practice. 

Message 9 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats. I like it when lenders offer other alternatives. Others should make this a normal practice. 

+1 - That would be NICE!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.