cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval: AMEX Gold and Capital One Venture $30,000 Same Day!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval: AMEX Gold and Capital One Venture $30,000 Same Day!

Thanks Everyone!!! I appreciate all the kind words and I hope my good credit fortune continue until enternity. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. That's an awesome SL. Plus going from a secured card to a CO 30k limit plus Amex gold. Wow!
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and monster SL !!!

Capital been giving 30k SL lately !!!!

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My jaw drop!!!! 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Astonishing, from that low to where I'm at now. So humble and I'm forever focus on being good to my credit and taking no chances with my money. 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congratulations on the approvals and your whole story. I love reading about the real life stuff even more than the credit cards. Very happy for you and wish you more success on your journey.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome!
Message 17 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new cards!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

I started reading this forum actively since Jan. 2016, reading every page to gain credit and financial literacy after i applied for an apartment and was turned down (560 credit) in a desirable area in NOVA. I was even turned down for a Macys card! Luckly my aunt co-sign me to where i was living so it wasn't a matter of urgency to move. 

Bruised, from thoses experiences, i decided to work on my rebuild. I was making decent money and i knew no one else could do it but me. 

1. Got a secure card from Wells Fargo, chip in periodically $500 to increase my limit. 

2. Started saving more of my income. Didn't applied for any loans, or cards, or new car.  

3. Austerity, yr. 2000 car , no clothes, no shoes, etc. Luckily my work enables me to get clothing allowances, company trips etc. I used those as mini vacations. 

4. Fixed my student loan default, waited for 8 months to get out and started making regular schedule payments. 

5. incresed 401k, better health care coverage, and insurance policy plans. 

Fast Forward, August 2018 my credit scores JUMP to 735 - 753 depending on the agency. I didn't have any baddie apart my Student loans $25000 ( now $16000), and roommate old break up cell bill which i paid off once i realized the issue. Out of default my scores shot up. 

A Month and half later September 2018 i Closed on my first home a Condo with stunning views of NOVA, in the same area I was previously denied, two blocks from my job. 

Applied to Chase in October, got denied 7 days after checking the pre recorded phone lines. Call the back lines, told i didn't have enough revolving credit, depressing. 

Once my mortgage hit my credit report in Jan. started recieving lots of mail from CITI, to Discover, Cap One, and Others. 

After checking the pre-approval sites yesterday, i decided to pull the trigger on AMEX Gold first. Instant Approval!!!!! No Stated Limit. 

Decided to pull the trigger on Capital One Venture (deep blue card). Instant Approval!!!!! $30,000 Limit

Will wait until some hard inquiries drop (currently 5) before i re-apply for Chase Sapphire. 

I am so so so so happy :-) . Its been a long credit journey but worth it!!!!!! 

Nice OP!!  Wish Cap1 would give me a 30K Venture 🙄🙄

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are great results and being hard-earned makes them even sweeter - congrats!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.