Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Cap1 Venture 5k...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Cap1 Venture 5k...

Ok seriously the last application for a long time.
I needed a card to book Hotel stays with points.
I have more miles than I need rn. So instead of getting the Hilton card I decided this was a better option. I like the fact the points will erase any travel purchases. I'll most likely downgrade in a year to no af version. Today was the first time I've been pre qualified through cap1, and was for all cards. Not sure if I'll keep my QS card(500 bucketed).
This covers everything I could possibly need when it comes to rewards/redemption. I wish I could get 10* points buying Gift cards at hotels.com since I wont be traveling by 1/31/2020.
23.** apr, 5ksl, 742-759 fico scores. Approved for 5 other cards since may. Yes I'm done applying.
Hp's-12 months- tu-4,EQ-2,EX-8. (Got the triple hard pull) not worried since done applying.
3rd ever cap1 card. Closed platinum secured in April (13months aged when closed) 2nd was PC to QS from platinum that was last June or july.
I don't mind paying annual fee after one year if it's the safer move? Will downgrading look bad after year 1? I was thinking of applying today for the no AF version but think they will triple hp me again..
Just got into an apartment I plan on staying for 3 years so like I said not worried about hp so much. But how successful have ppl been getting two cards in a day? I was instantly approved just had to send a pic of I'd. Since they couldn't for some reason send a text to verify me it wouldn't go through...just changed to sprint...
Either way I'm excited and kinda forced myself to garden as I doubt I'd get anything decent with all these new accounts, and have to hit 3k spend. Plus have all rewards needed. I've only had rebuilding cap1 cards so far so I'm curious to see how fast or slow it grows, and will look into apr reductions.

I did it for the points!
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approval Cap1 Venture 5k...

Congrats on yer new cardSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

3rd ever cap1 card. Closed platinum secured in April (13months aged when closed) 2nd was PC to QS from platinum that was last June or july.
I don't mind paying annual fee after one year if it's the safer move? No such thing as the safe move, the bank really doesnt care if you downgrade or not. The question is whether or not you get enough value from the card to pay the AF.
Will downgrading look bad after year 1? no

I was thinking of applying today for the no AF version but think they will triple hp me again..
Just got into an apartment I plan on staying for 3 years so like I said not worried about hp so much. But how successful have ppl been getting two cards in a day? Their rule is one new card every 6 months you would be instantly denied. Grats on your new Venture card!

Message 4 of 11
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new card!

Enjoy your success,

Cheers

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 - Ty for the great info. The card is great and if I didn't have the amex BBP earning 2 MR'S It would be a keeper even with af. Unless something changes I'll take the advice and most likely when AF is due ill downgrade or just app for the Venture one to keep my points alive.
Unless a card comes out that earns 4% on everything lol Iim done applying and I'll let my report rest. I've never had more than 6 months in between approvals. I've heard one gets a boost when aoya is 6 months plus.
Have 18 months left on my auto loan and when reports it should be 50% paid. I've never had a VS before only WEMC... time to research the benefits I was happy to learn VS provides car rentals Insurance! Since this will most likely be the card for rentals and hotels that's another reason I wanted the card. I've been sort of eyeing this card but I had such a grudge with CAP1 for bucketing my first cards, and never being pre approved before this. My amex Gold card is getting less valuable to me since I'll get 3% cb with Sam's at restaurants. 3% with travel. If I just get some gift cards for groceries during disco 5% cb quarter I may not need the GOLD card. With the 100$ airline credit basically nerfed or regulated I may ask for retention when that 250 af comes next May. I didn't plan on it but I dont see anywhere near as much value w the gold card In year 2 as in year 1. Plus have BBP to hold my MR's. Decisions for another day.
Thanks everyone
Message 6 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Capital One Venture card approval!

Message 8 of 11
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Woohoo!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 9 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Had to use mine and booked thru hotels.com to find a motel that had electricity after 2 hurricanes. Came in handy. Rooms were free since i had the miles.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.