Did you mean: 

Approval Ebates Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I applied for ebates Mastercard today and was only approved for $500, I have other accounts nfcu, jcpenney, jiffy lube,etc with higher limits.

I called synchrony bank reconsideration line to reconsider to increase my limit with a sp. No luck.

How long should I wait until I ask for a credit line increase for this card.

I have two synchrony bank accounts

Jcpenney limit $3500
Jiffy lube $6600
Both balances are under 10% as well as my other credit cards.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approval Ebates Mastercard

Congrats on the approval.  eBates is heard of much around these here parts but can be very useful...especially if one pairs it with MR points.  I still have my eBates card.  I don't use it as much anymore these days though but I still give it the occasional swipe to keep it around. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Ebates Mastercard approval! 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new Ebates Mastercard!

Message 4 of 12
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I applied for ebates Mastercard today and was only approved for $500, I have other accounts nfcu, jcpenney, jiffy lube,etc with higher limits.

I called synchrony bank reconsideration line to reconsider to increase my limit with a sp. No luck.

How long should I wait until I ask for a credit line increase for this card.

I have two synchrony bank accounts

Jcpenney limit $3500
Jiffy lube $6600
Both balances are under 10% as well as my other credit cards.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Ebates has a mastercard? The one i have is a VISA card. Anyway congrats for the approval

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 5 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Generally, 6 months is a good timeframe for asking for a CLI. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Ebates card and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

If Credit Solutions has declined to increase the limit at this time you will need to use the card and then ask for a CLI after the 4th statement cuts. 6 months would be a better time frame. Sounds like they dont think your current profile can support the increase. If you have derogs I would suggest you work on them and get your utilization down to where only one card reports a small balance to the CRAs each month. Good luck.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your approval. The other two Synch. cards you have are store cards. Those wil grow alot quicker then a Synch. visa or M/C. In six months I would imagine you can get an increase to $1000-$1500. After a year of continued use with ontime payments and keeping util. low you should be able to call the backdoor uw number and have it moved up to at least $5000. This is what I have done with them in the past on the Chevron visa, and Old Navy visa. Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

Message 9 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats OP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.