Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval For Discover IT and Citibank TY Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval For Discover IT and Citibank TY Premier

Thanks to this community I have spent months educating myself about credit, scores and applications.  The hints about the prequal visuals on line were very valuable.

I was just approved using prequalification @ Discover (13k) and Citi. (9.3k) I have been rebuilding my credit for years (it seems)using a credit repair service and then using my credit conservatively. I was worried I would not be approved as my scores are all over the place.  Decided to take the plunge after reading all of the comments. Was so surprised and happy!! Smiley Happy Want to get an Amex next - I used to have a platinum that I loved but I am  going to hang tight now and head to the garden. Any other suggestions to build credit please let me know.  I have some old negatives that I am still trying to expunge.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval For Discover IT and Citibank TY Premier

Congrats on both Approvals

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals! 

Message 3 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your two new cards!

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

OP, welcome and congrats on your approvals.

Fyi, we do not advocate what you did with your credit reports here at myFico ( freezing or intentionally blocking a report to force another cb to be used), as creditors should have access to the reports they need to access and judge your credit worthiness. Please respect the TOS . Thank you for your understanding.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC

Thank you for your comment. I changed my original post to reflect your concerns and to not seem to be encouraging a practice

frowned upon in the forum. 

Message 6 of 13
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I am brining my scores up to hit the 10K mark on at least one card. I have an existing Discover card which i just got a 500 dollar increase after two years. I now see i am pre-approved for another Discover card. Do you know which bureau they pulled? Was it Equifax for new accounts?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I believe it was Equifax. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 13
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Congrats on both cards!

Discover appears to be really showing the love on their SL instant approvals Smiley Happy

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 9 of 13
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I believe it was Equifax. Good Luck!

From my understanding, Discover likes to pull EQ for qualification.

HOWEVER, BEWARE -- Discover likes to use TU for account reviews.

I had an almost 10 year old Discover card shut down down about a year or so ago due to this-- my EQ score was well above 720 yet my TU was, at that time, almost 150 lower.  Despite my 100% perfect payment history with Discover for almost 10 years, Discover balance chased me for two months and then just shut down my card and there was nothing I could do.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.