Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval after 3 Barclays recons! phew!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval after 3 Barclays recons! phew!

Celebrating today -

(Back story - building credit, and my life over, from SCRATCH. Was a 370 about a year and a half ago, am now 658. I monitor like a maniac...paid off all outstanding issues a year and a half ago and have been slowly building OpenSkyCC>Cap1QuickSilver1>Cap1Platinum>Discover. Be gentle with me. I'm sensitive about my dreams and know I have a long way to go!!! LOL)

Had been in the garden for a while, lurking on this site and a few others for information and data, and knew that it was time to jump the fence and add some more lines.

I have a few cards, keep my utilization low to moderate but the actual CL has been low for each of them ($1000-$3000). I wanted to jump the fence strategically, in a way that would increase my spending limit and make my overall utilization look better. Discover said come on over! Barclay's said DONT EVEN TRY IT LOL :-(!

I called once for a recon. No dice.

I called a second time for a recon...and thought I was talking to a robot??? I'm not sure he even heard my answers to his questions. He sounded like one of those political phone ads LOL.

I called a third time and it was the charm.

I'm actually super happy about this - I have other plans for my love affair with Barclays. In about 8 months I'd like to try for a JetBlue Barclays card (since I fly them religiously).

Here's to building my dreams! <3

#CELEBRATING

7 REPLIES 7
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Approval after 3 Barclays recons! phew!

Congrats on your approval!  I may have missed it in your post, but which Barclay's card did you apply for?

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you build it you will be happy lol!Smiley Happy. Very inspiring, welcome to the forum and all the best on your credit journey. Beautiful comeback so farSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

Congrats on your approval!  I may have missed it in your post, but which Barclay's card did you apply for?

Oh! whoops!! Just the Barclays Reward Mastercard. Trying to get my foot in the door with them. Starting from the bottom up!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
If you build it you will be happy lol!Smiley Happy. Very inspiring, welcome to the forum and all the best on your credit journey. Beautiful comeback so farSmiley Happy

Thank you!! I've been very inspired and educated by this forum, your posts included!!!!

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@happypill wrote:

Oh! whoops!! Just the Barclays Reward Mastercard. Trying to get my foot in the door with them. Starting from the bottom up!

I find the card very useful. I try to use it for groceries, utilities, and big drug stores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats mane

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did you wait in between calling a second and third time?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.