Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval… and remorse… lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval… and remorse… lol

I was in Old Navy today and let the cashier talk me into app'ing for the Old Navy card. I was approved for the Visa with a temp starting line of 1K.  I'm not sure if that is bad or good - but, I admit, I'm feeling a bit remorseful that I even app'd.  

At least the card did save me an extra 35% on my purchase today... 

For those that have been approved for the ON Visa, in store, was your temporary limit (as listed on the receipt they give you) your actual limit at the time you received your card?  Or, was it higher?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approval… and remorse… lol

Congrats on your approval! I don't have the Old Navy Visa, but if it's a Synchrony card you may be able to call credit solutions to ask for an increase before your card arrives.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fullstackdev wrote:
Congrats on your approval! I don't have the Old Navy Visa, but if it's a Synchrony card you may be able to call credit solutions to ask for an increase before your card arrives.

I just looked and it is from Synchrony.  APR is horrid, but it should be pretty easy to get a decent CLI

Message 3 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval!

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fullstackdev wrote:

I just looked and it is from Synchrony.  APR is horrid, but it should be pretty easy to get a decent CLI

Right, it may be low, but this can grow in a hurry compared to maybe some other cards!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 20
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

The max limit in store is $1500 for the Visa, always. This may or may not be your limit but Credit Solutions will bump it for you initially or you can wait 3 months. (I work at Old Navy)

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, guys.  

I guess the remorse really isn't about the SL (as I feel that will grow) - just that I can't believe I app'd anyway ... When I really didn't need it... But, alas, it is done - and I guess the bright side is that I didn't get the store card, but got the Visa.

Message 8 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

once you receive the card call credit solutions and ask for $25k... they will counter if not approve.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In store my line said 1000 when it hit the report a day later it was actually 2000. Called synch and got it to 4000 and now it's at 8000. I called synchs before I even had the card in hand. Give them a call.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.