Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval for Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard

tag
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Approval for Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard

I just got approved for this card today with a $3000 limit which I am super happy about. They pulled my TU at a score of 645. Something weird did happen though because Capital One added the new card to my online account as they normally do and then I saw the message "This account is currently Restricted." I called Cap1 and they told me that it was for identity verification I have been down this road with them were the system tries to verify my id and then apparently the picture quality is bad. So they have to have a team manually review it my question is does this happen to anyone else like is this normal? 

>
Goal Cards:
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Approval for Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval for Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard (Restricted?)

Congrats on the approval.

Message 3 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Cap-1 card, and this seems to be part of the norm for them with quite a few people. Not sure if its intentional or just plain ole incompetence.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 5 of 19
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Thanks for filling me in.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 6 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Rudy1 wrote:

my question is does this happen to anyone else like is this normal? 

So ds had the Walmart card transition to CapOne and then a few weeks ago he app'd for the Savor One.  The Savor One, online, continued to show acct. restricted until he got his card, called in and they lifted the restriction immediately.  That's all I know, sorta kinda same sit.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap One Walmart MC approval!

Message 9 of 19
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Rudy1 wrote:

I just got approved for this card today with a $3000 limit which I am super happy about. They pulled my TU at a score of 645. Something weird did happen though because Capital One added the new card to my online account as they normally do and then I saw the message "This account is currently Restricted." I called Cap1 and they told me that it was for identity verification I have been down this road with them were the system tries to verify my id and then apparently the picture quality is bad. So they have to have a team manually review it my question is does this happen to anyone else like is this normal? 

So it's not a triple pull for the Cap1 retail cards?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.