Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approvals Spree

Hi guys, it's been about a year since I've engaged here but I've been in the garden to work on my scores as I was looking to purchase a home! I closed a month ago! And since then I've been on applications sprees for credit cards. I looked for preapprovals to avoid hard pulls as best as I can. 

Last month, I was preapproved for Home Depot for a measly $500. I was hoping to achieve the SCT on Pottery Barn but that didn't work out so I held my breathe and ddi the app. I was approve for Pottery Barn Key Rewards for $2000. Funny story is on the app I was approved for $1000. Called immediately for a credit increase and was told I wasn't able to get it for a few months. Yet when I sync my card into the Capital One app, it showed $2000! I'll take it. This week, I was at Home Goods and applied at the register and received $2000. This morning, did the prequal for Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature and was qualified. I did the app was denied. Hard pull. Bummer. But a couple hours later, an agent called to confirm my new address and was approved  for $2600. Anyways I think I'm done! SCORES: Experian: 655 Transunion: 705 Equifax: 670

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
collics
Established Contributor

Re: Approvals Spree

Congratulations on the home and your approvals!!! 🎊

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 2 of 13
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you successful spree!    ..(BTW what's a spree?)   _ JK

Message 4 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the new home and the approvals as well!

Message 5 of 13
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals

Message 6 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s terrific!  Congratulations on your spree of approvals!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 7 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your approvals.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 9 of 13
Marmot
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on all the approvals !!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.