cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals for Chase Amazon Prime Rewards even being over 5/24!

tag
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approvals for Chase Amazon Prime Rewards even being over 5/24!

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 11 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to both of you Smiley Happy

Yes there are instances where Chase will approve even if you are over 5/24 you squeaked in there....

Message 12 of 33
heeseon
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations

TU789 EQ786 EX791(05/23)
Message 13 of 33
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 14 of 33
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Chase approvals 👍🏼

Message 15 of 33
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

congrats. Did anyone try applying today to see if it still bypasses 5/24

Message 16 of 33
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉 on both of your approvals. Some people are just lucky. Good for you!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 17 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@PointsBonus I totally agree. I feel like it's a sign that they may move away from Chase.

I made a Reddit post of my DP, and seems like a lot of people are getting approved for card, although they're over 5/24, so who knows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CreditCards/comments/r1ar1f/dps_approvals_for_chase_amazon_prime_rewards_when/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Interesting.  Did you both have pre-approved offers through the Amazon website or were these cold applications?

Message 18 of 33
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s interesting to on how we got approved for the Amazon card, since I thought all Chase cards have the 5/24 rule. Here are the Data Points for our approvals!

My GF figured to apply because I told her about the $200 all high offer. She applied and got approved for a $2000 limit with having 7/24 with good amount of hard inquiries. Her score before applying is high 600s-low 700s.

I was very surprised she got approved. I was thinking, hell, why not and test it out. I applied and got instant approval of $3000 limit even being at 8/24 with 10 Hard Pulls from my EXP(which is what they only pulled from both of us) and a 734 FICO score.

Congrats on the approvals. But I think the Amazon card is not part of the 5/24 rules. I think Amazon doesn't want lost customers over something like that. They handed me 10K right off the bat when my wife with better scores (as much as 15 points better) got only $1600 on her Freedom Flex card. 

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar We were not prequalified on the Amazon app, but we just applied anyways and got approved.

Just straight up cold applications

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.