cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals for Chase Amazon Prime Rewards even being over 5/24!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approvals for Chase Amazon Prime Rewards even being over 5/24!

@Crowhelm I believe all cobranded Chase cards implemented the 5/24 rule. I guess all of a sudden now it's gone? 

I'm not sure, but I still found it interesting to me. Haha

Message 21 of 33
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crowhelm I believe all cobranded Chase cards implemented the 5/24 rule. I guess all of a sudden now it's gone? 

Yeah, I have no proof of that either. But if it is still there it must be a flexible rule because too many people who reported getting approved well over it. Unless people are not understanding the rule because I think it is credit card accounts only, not overall accounts.

Message 22 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I have no proof of that either. But if it is still there it must be a flexible rule because too many people who reported getting approved well over it. Unless people are not understanding the rule because I think it is credit card accounts only, not overall accounts.

@Crowhelm 

It's always been part of the 5/24 restriction when partner cards were also included. Read around -- plenty of DPs around the forums and elsewhere. It's only become more relevant recently since most folks have bypassed 5/24 with the pre-qualified portal via Amazon. And, the restriction is fairly straightforward, it applies to any revolving accounts (store cards, charge cards, PLOCs, etc.) opened in the past 24 months (even includes closed accounts that were opened in that timeframe).

Message 23 of 33
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@FinStar  I was not lucky. Wasted a Exp HP. 

Message 24 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PointsBonus wrote:

@FinStar  I was not lucky. Wasted a Exp HP. 

Awe man. Sorry to hear @PointsBonus. Did you get the letter yet or was the application submitted in the past 24 hours?

Message 25 of 33
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@FinStar  Applied about 6 hours ago.... 

Message 26 of 33
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

How did you know it was denied due to this rule? was it instant denial or did you call 

Message 27 of 33
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

what was your x/24 stats when applying at amazon

Message 28 of 33
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@ThriftySaver  lost count/24 - Instant decline. Only reason would be LOL/24

Message 29 of 33
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crowhelm 

It's always been part of the 5/24 restriction when partner cards were also included. Read around -- plenty of DPs around the forums and elsewhere. It's only become more relevant recently since most folks have bypassed 5/24 with the pre-qualified portal via Amazon. And, the restriction is fairly straightforward, it applies to any revolving accounts (store cards, charge cards, PLOCs, etc.) opened in the past 24 months (even includes closed accounts that were opened in that timeframe).

I know all that but we had several people report approvals being well over 5/24, so it can't be 100% anymore, right?

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.