cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals for Chase Amazon Prime Rewards even being over 5/24!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approvals for Chase Amazon Prime Rewards even being over 5/24!

@Crowhelm wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crowhelm I believe all cobranded Chase cards implemented the 5/24 rule. I guess all of a sudden now it's gone? 

I'm not sure, but I still found it interesting to me. Haha

Yeah, I have no proof of that either. But if it is still there it must be a flexible rule because too many people who reported getting approved well over it. Unless people are not understanding the rule because I think it is credit card accounts only, not overall accounts.

@Crowhelm 

It's always been part of the 5/24 restriction when partner cards were also included. Read around -- plenty of DPs around the forums and elsewhere. It's only become more relevant recently since most folks have bypassed 5/24 with the pre-qualified portal via Amazon. And, the restriction is fairly straightforward, it applies to any revolving accounts (store cards, charge cards, PLOCs, etc.) opened in the past 24 months (even includes closed accounts that were opened in that timeframe).

I know all that but we had several people report approvals being well over 5/24, so it can't be 100% anymore, right?

Well, the post above yours mentioned they were denied under that restriction. Of course, @PointsBonus can confirm the results on the separate thread below when they receive the letter. By the same token, the OP didn't list any specific DPs (i.e. accounts + dates) to determine how they bypassed said restrictions. Similar posts on other blogs (thinking Chase has relaxed the rule) ended with denials for 5/24 in the past 2 weeks. It's possible that they may have tweaked part of their algorithms, but this isn't saying they removed the restriction altogether since folks are stil citing those factors 🤷‍♂️

ETA - I created a separate thread to address these recent developments so as not to further hijack the OP's thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Amazon-Visa-amp-5-24-Data-Points/td-p/6448450

@Anonymous-- my apologies for hijacking your thread + all these posts as these are definitely worthy of a discussion.  At any rate, congrats on your Chase Amazon Visa approval. Enjoy the new card!

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crowhelm I believe all cobranded Chase cards implemented the 5/24 rule. I guess all of a sudden now it's gone? 

I'm not sure, but I still found it interesting to me. Haha

Yeah, I have no proof of that either. But if it is still there it must be a flexible rule because too many people who reported getting approved well over it. Unless people are not understanding the rule because I think it is credit card accounts only, not overall accounts.

@Crowhelm 

It's always been part of the 5/24 restriction when partner cards were also included. Read around -- plenty of DPs around the forums and elsewhere. It's only become more relevant recently since most folks have bypassed 5/24 with the pre-qualified portal via Amazon. And, the restriction is fairly straightforward, it applies to any revolving accounts (store cards, charge cards, PLOCs, etc.) opened in the past 24 months (even includes closed accounts that were opened in that timeframe).

I know all that but we had several people report approvals being well over 5/24, so it can't be 100% anymore, right?

Well, the post above yours mentioned they were denied under that restriction. Of course, @PointsBonus can confirm the results on the separate thread below when they receive the letter. By the same token, the OP didn't list any specific DPs (i.e. accounts + dates) to determine how they bypassed said restrictions. Similar posts on other blogs (thinking Chase has relaxed the rule) ended with denials for 5/24 in the past 2 weeks. It's possible that they may have tweaked part of their algorithms, but this isn't saying they removed the restriction altogether since folks are stil citing those factors 🤷‍♂️

ETA - I created a separate thread to address these recent developments so as not to further hijack the OP's thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Amazon-Visa-amp-5-24-Data-Points/td-p/6448450

@Anonymous-- my apologies for hijacking your thread + all these posts as these are definitely worthy of a discussion.  At any rate, congrats on your Chase Amazon Visa approval. Enjoy the new card!

You're all good! Love a good discussion about credit cards. Thanks for the congrats! Glad to get the $200 bonus before it expires.

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.