Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals with Chase IHG and Lowe's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approvals with Chase IHG and Lowe's

I am still gardening, but My Wife had 2 approvals this past 2 weeks.  Here are her DPs..

EX 726 (4 inquiries in 2 years)

EQ 725 (3 inquiries in 2 years)

TU 736 (4 inquiries in 2 years)

AAoA 4y2m

AoYA 11m

AoOA 10y9m

Household income $145k

Utilization 13%

Chase IHG Premier approved for $9000

Pulled all 3 bureaus.

Lowe's preapproved via website for $3500, immediately called in and they told her "we don't do reconsideration, but we can do a CLI request" and they raised the CL to $12,000 (she requested $12k, so I'd maybe suggest just asking for the moon and see what they approve?).

Pulled TU only.

We are very calculating and selective, thanks to the info I get from this forum.  Our goal was to get her a card from Chase while her inquiries are low and before our Home refi closes next week.  On a side note, we are refinancing our home for 2.25% through our local CU and then it's being transfered to PennyMac.  The Chase IHG Premier ($89 annual fee) was a big goal card of ours.  My wife's largest credit limit before these 2 cards was a Sam's card for $6000 and Nebraska Furniture Mart for $4000.  

One final data point:  from 2012-2018 we had approximately 20 times when our mortgage was late 30 days (never any late cc or personal loan payments), we didn't focus much on our credit scores which were 570-590.  After about 6 months of on time mortgage payments our scores were 650-660.  after 1 year they were about 680.  Lowering our utilization % got us over 700 and we keep climbing each month, now we are both around 725-740 (after 2+ years on time).  My point is that lots of late mortgage payments can be overcome in a short amount of time, just get it caught up and keep grinding.  Thanks again to the community!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Approvals with Chase IHG and Lowe's

Congratulations on DW approvals!

Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on DW Approvals   ..

Message 3 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on those approvals!  Great turn around!

Message 4 of 7
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals!!

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your DWs success!!

Message 6 of 7
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on DW's approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.