cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved: $5k US Bank Altitude Go! | 2 USB card approvals in a week.

tag
rooeez
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved: $5k US Bank Altitude Go! | 2 USB card approvals in a week.

Sorry to rehash this thread. Congrats by the way. I just wondered if they pulled your credit twice, or was a single inquiry used for both cards. Thanks.

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rooeez wrote:

Sorry to rehash this thread. Congrats by the way. I just wondered if they pulled your credit twice, or was a single inquiry used for both cards. Thanks.

That's a good question. I'll have a look. The applications were about a week apart, so I would assume it was 2 pulls. But that's just conjecture. I'll confirm later today for you.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rooeez wrote:

Yep, just to confirm: it was 2 separate pulls for me. I imagine it would have been only one if I had applied for the second card sooner. 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ! 

Message 24 of 28
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats for your approval.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is spading?

Message 26 of 28
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello again!

Fresh off the approval of the US Bank Cash+, I decided I might try to get the Altitude Go as well. I was having serious paralysis of analysis as to which of these two cards to apply for at the time, as both seemed like really good no-AF cards (though very different). In the end I decided on the Cash+ as I felt it would be a better long-term card if I could only choose one of them. My goal in this process has been to increase my credit availbility to lower my credit utilization as much as possible.

Though the general consensus is that it is hard to get even 1 card from them without a prior relationship of some sort (never mind 2 cards), I saw enough success stories to make me feel like it was worth a shot to apply for the Altitude Go as well anyway. My thinking was that these were my first new credit card applications since 2017 and I haven't missed a payment on a credit card or loan in 15 years, so my chances were as good as they could probably get (for someone without a prior relationship). Another consideration was that I would have to wait a long time to apply for it if I decided I wanted to apply for anything else in the near future, as USB is known (perhaps better said, "notorious") for preferring minimal or no new card openings for several months for approval.

I ended up applying for the Go card a few days after I got the Cash+ approval email and got the Altitude Go approval email 2 business days later. Smiley Wink

So for what it's worth: I can personally attest that it IS possible to get 2 cards from them with respectable limits even without any prior experiences with them. If it helps for data points, my Transunion score is 810 and again, these were my first 2 credit cards since November of 2017. 

Cheers and thank you for the continued excellent resource that is this forum and community. Heart

That was a great read,

thanks for sharing it :-)

Congratulations on all that success!!!

Enjoy it!!!!!

Cheers

Message 27 of 28
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the double USB approval. Both excellent cards.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.