Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved: $5k US Bank Cash+ !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved: $5k US Bank Cash+ !

Adding to the good news and positive data points.

No prior relationshiop with the bank. First new card since 2017 and first hard pull since January of 2018. FICO/Credit Score ~810.

I applied yesterday for the USB Cash+ card after agonizing for a few hours over going with Cash+ or Altitude Go. Got the approval email this morning, no follow-ups required or additional questions asked. The $5k line was more than I expected, as I've read enough stories about people getting $500 credit lines despite fairly high income + lender conserns with the economy in its current state. So that was a pleasant surprise.

I went with the Cash+ over the Altitude Go because:

• I anticipate that I could make up that $50 SUB difference pretty quickly with their 5% categories going into the holiday season on planned purchases.
  • I had some concerns about the free $15 annual credit on streaming services on the Go getting nerfed or removed. And with 5% categories, it would be trivial to make that up and do even better on normal annual holiday spend, never mind the rest of the year.
  • I felt like I could make better use of the selectable 5% categories that this card has than the 4x dining points.
  • Given I probably won't be able to apply for another card with them for *years*, I mine as well get the best card to keep for years. 

I wish I could have gotten both the Cash+ and Altitude Go, honestly. The Go feels like a really good supplemental card to have with its online streaming credit and 4x on restaurants. I don't know how realistic it is to get two cards from them, as I've read they care quite particular about such things...but I'll look into it anyway.

Current card loadout is now: USB Cash +, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, CSP, Chase Freedom, Wells Platinum, AmEx Platinum

Considering: AmEx Blue Cash Everyday. The current $300 signup bonus promotion seems ridiculous and I've never carried a balance with AmEx so I'd like to think they'd approve me. And next year around this time I'll be looking at downgrading my CSP to CFU and applying for a CSR if the card is still worth having at that time.

Anyway, thanks for reading! And thanks as always to this forum for helping me right my credit ship. Though the tips and advice here, I went from a score in the mid 600s and only using debit cards to well over 800. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved: $5k US Bank Cash+ !

Congrats on your Cash+.  It sounds like you picked the card that will work best for you.  I'm also considering the BCE as my next card for when my FU sub runs out about a year from now.

Message 2 of 19
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Screenshot_20200819-192324.jpg

Ba'Bam! You got it! 👍

Great choice and Congratulations on the Cash+ approval!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice score! Enjoy the benefits and develop the US Socks relationship for your next card!
Message 4 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great card to have, congrats on it Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 19
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 8 of 19
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! 

Message 9 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.