Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

So because I got declined a few weeks by Discover It with a great Fico, I've been feeling a little low(Not really but my pride suffered a bit).

To rebuild my credit self esteem, I applied for an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred because I've never had an AMEX card.

FICO: 810
APR: 13.49%
Credit Line: $10,500

Salary: $49k/year

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!!
Message 2 of 11
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Amex family!!  I've had my BCP for about 8 months and already earned $300 in cash back on top of the $150 incentive.  Love the 6% on groceries!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How in the world did you get declined from Disco with that score???

Message 4 of 11
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Great job OP!

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How in the world did you get declined from Disco with that score???

I made a thread about it and it's actually pretty funny.

I had a Discover card over 20 years ago in college ago that I defaulted but paid. The account was closed. 20 years later they declined me due to that past account. I probably could have called them and straightened it out but I just licked my wounds and moved on.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man....they sure can hold a grudge!!  

Message 7 of 11
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Congrats on the card OP. That is too much of a grudge, there are other lenders out there and your score is in dream land.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to get back on the horse!!  Super Congratulations!

Message 9 of 11
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval. Nice limit and APR too!
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.