Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved AMEX Hhonors Surpass low CL $1k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved AMEX Hhonors Surpass low CL $1k

As thrilled as I am to be approved, I am discouraged about the $1k sl.  I have heard this is common and request a cli.  Should I wait until I get the card and try online, or call the new accounts/credit team now to ask for a cli.  I was hoping for at least $5k, considering the $3k spend for the 100k sign up bonus.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved AMEX Hhonors Surpass low CL $1k

@Anonymous wrote:

As thrilled as I am to be approved, I am discouraged about the $1k sl.  I have heard this is common and request a cli.  Should I wait until I get the card and try online, or call the new accounts/credit team now to ask for a cli.  I was hoping for at least $5k, considering the $3k spend for the 100k sign up bonus.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

OP: Same thing here--I took a pre-selected offer last week and got an almost minimum $1K SL also--and I can't really take advantage of the BT offer they gave me and can barely do the 15000 MR pts for the 3 month/$1k spend. A lot of people on here have tried to get a CLI upon activation but have been unsuccessful. If you have another AMEX over 13 mos. old you may be able to move some of the CL from that over to the new one, or you just have to wait the 60 days (or 6 mos--I forget) and try for a CLI the regular way. Good luck.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Woman Very Happy

Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-Hoarder  That is a bummer.  This is my lowest CL, but the sign up is great.  I will have to use it and PIF a few times a month to get it.  Think I will try a CLI when I get the card.  Never know.  Thank you for the info.

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can request a CLI at any time but recently the vast majority of new accounts are being turned down prior to 90 days after activation. Posting scores, AAOA, Utility % and current CL on existing cards might yield better responses.
Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Super_AL  Thank you!! I have been eyeing this card for awhile now, just dissapointed in the SL. 

Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can request a CLI at any time but recently the vast majority of new accounts are being turned down prior to 90 days after activation. Posting scores, AAOA, Utility % and current CL on existing cards might yield better responses.

Thank you for the info.  I think I might try anyway.  I was hoping this card would match my AMEX ED card.

Message 7 of 35
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Please keep us updated! I just got this card too over the weekend and my credit line is $2800. I also have an Spg card with a 2000 credit line. I need a higher line because the Hilton I am booking for vacation in December is $600 per night so at 5 nights.... I was declined for a 6 month cli on the Spg but I think I asked to soon but now I want to forget asking on that one and focus on this one.
Please update if you request a cli. Does anyone know if Amex will recon a request denial?
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the info.  I think I might try anyway.  I was hoping this card would match my AMEX ED card.

Just know if you request a CLI and are declined you won't be able to request another on for 91 days.
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
Please keep us updated! I just got this card too over the weekend and my credit line is $2800. I also have an Spg card with a 2000 credit line. I need a higher line because the Hilton I am booking for vacation in December is $600 per night so at 5 nights.... I was declined for a 6 month cli on the Spg but I think I asked to soon but now I want to forget asking on that one and focus on this one.
Please update if you request a cli. Does anyone know if Amex will recon a request denial?

I will keep you guys updated.   I will wait until the card comes in first.  should hopefully be sometime next week.  I will probaly call them instead of doing it online though.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.