Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved AMEX Hhonors Surpass low CL $1k

tag
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved AMEX Hhonors Surpass low CL $1k

Gdanzy
How far apart did you apply for both Hilton Amex cards? You got me thinking of trying for the other one now too. I know citi will prob decline me for their Hilton card so I don't want to waste my time but another Amex...hmm that could work
Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Regarding the CLI, I got my Delta card with a starting limited of 1k, I waited the 61 days and got the 3xCLI to 3k. I would definitely wait, it seems like AmEx are really enforcing the 61 day rule now.

Good to know LAKings.  So in 122 days you could make that a $9k cl hopefully.

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
Gdanzy
How far apart did you apply for both Hilton Amex cards? You got me thinking of trying for the other one now too. I know citi will prob decline me for their Hilton card so I don't want to waste my time but another Amex...hmm that could work

Two months apart. I was Approved in April 2016  for the Amex Hilton and in June 2016 for the Surpass.

I didn't intentionally do this BTW. I saw that I had an option to upgrade my AMEX Hilton to the Surpass and the upgrade offer did have a bonus. I needed to spend $3k in 3 months for a 50k bonus. I tried to proceed with the upgrade online but my session timed out. I called customer service to do the upgrade and it turned out the rep submitted a new credit card application. I was quite annoyed but my application was approved and I qualified for the 75k bonus if you spend $3k in 3 months. 

But looking back I'm glad to have both cards since the limits are so low but together I can rack up a good amount of points during my stays at any Hilton brand hotel.

Message 23 of 35
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Hmmm so hoppy are you going to apply for another card? I think I might since it's a soft pull if declined and i think it's a good reason to give on recon (credit line so low on first cant even pay for hotel stays)
Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
Hmmm so hoppy are you going to apply for another card? I think I might since it's a soft pull if declined and i think it's a good reason to give on recon (credit line so low on first cant even pay for hotel stays)

Have'nt decided yet.  I have a ton of new accounts this year.. but what the hell, what's one more :-)  I might apply tonight, still on the fence.  Let me know how you make out if you do.

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 26 of 35
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Well I did it. I applied last night and it went to pending almost immediately but woke up this morning to a an approval email!!! Another $2800 so now I am set for my trip and prob will have gained another free night so thank you all
Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
Well I did it. I applied last night and it went to pending almost immediately but woke up this morning to a an approval email!!! Another $2800 so now I am set for my trip and prob will have gained another free night so thank you all

Congrats!!! Now you are making it a tough call if I want to do the same :-)

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I woke up this morning to an email from Hhonors that my Gold staus is active!! That only took 2 days.  I had read that Gold status would be after the first billing cycle. This is great as I am staying at a Hilton this weekend.

Message 29 of 35
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

You'll probably have your card today too I applied last Saturday or Sunday and got mine on Wednesday . The only difficult issue will be meeting the spending requirements for me. I am wondering if buying Hilton gift cards from the American Express website will count towards the spending requirement ? At least the second card only has 750 in spending required
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.