Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved AMEX Hhonors Surpass low CL $1k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved AMEX Hhonors Surpass low CL $1k

@ttleigh wrote:
You'll probably have your card today too I applied last Saturday or Sunday and got mine on Wednesday . The only difficult issue will be meeting the spending requirements for me. I am wondering if buying Hilton gift cards from the American Express website will count towards the spending requirement ? At least the second card only has 750 in spending required

NIce... that would be great, then I can use that card to pay for the room and start toward that spend requirement, and get 12x points!  I am very tempted to apply for the non AF version today.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
Well I did it. I applied last night and it went to pending almost immediately but woke up this morning to a an approval email!!! Another $2800 so now I am set for my trip and prob will have gained another free night so thank you all

Congrats!!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. Would you mind reporting back how many points you accumulated on this trip once you get back? 

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I woke up this morning to an email from Hhonors that my Gold staus is active!! That only took 2 days.  I had read that Gold status would be after the first billing cycle. This is great as I am staying at a Hilton this weekend.

Nice!!!!

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ttleigh wrote:
Well I did it. I applied last night and it went to pending almost immediately but woke up this morning to a an approval email!!! Another $2800 so now I am set for my trip and prob will have gained another free night so thank you all

Congrats!!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. Would you mind reporting back how many points you accumulated on this trip once you get back? 

I spent 3 nights at a homewood suites and accumulated about 24k points.  Not too bad.

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experience recently - I got an SPG Amex with a hefty $14,300 limit, then applied for the HHonors Amex. It was approved but only for $2k. I'm planning on requesting a 3x CLI at the 61 day mark.

In the meantime, looking forward to the benefits! I'm staying at a Hilton Friday, which will be enough spend to receive my 50,000 point bonus. Additionally, Hilton is running a double points promotion now through December 1st if you book a stay through their Web site or the HHonors app, so now seems like the time for racking up Hilton points!

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.