Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved | American Express Platinum for Charles Schwab

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved | American Express Platinum for Charles Schwab

Super excited for this card since I get all of the benefits of the Platinum and the ability to transfer points to cash at a 1.25 redemption rate for those slower years. I fly a lot so my first priority will be using the points for flights, and taking advantage of those lounges and uber credits. On the other hand, it is super nice that during the times when I am not traveling as much, that I am not forced to horde points.

Also, I was able to confirm that this is still treated as its own product so I get the 60K offer for this AND I can still have a chance to get the 100K Platinum offer for the regular platinum should I be lucky enough to stumble across it Smiley SurprisedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Happy

Super Happy camper Smiley Happy

Data points: 2 New Accounts in the last 6 months, 750 score across all three bureaus and no baddies. I am still waiting to see if I get HP'd or not, since I am already an AMEX member, but it doesn't matter either way. I will make sure to report back if I do get HP'd.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 4.09.30 PM.png

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved | American Express Platinum for Charles Schwab

Vhat is dat, VELVET?Smiley Wink

Big gratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!! Coming to America?

...and yes I am off to the garden for at least a year Smiley Happy It was painful giving up my spade. I wore that like a badge of honor Smiley Sad

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Vhat is dat, VELVET?Smiley Wink

Big gratsSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet🥓🥓.Congrats 🎊🎉🎈🍾🐬

Message 4 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats!
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!!

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here, what is the difference between the Amex Platinum and the Amex Platinum for Schwab?

Message 7 of 37
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Congrats...any thoughts of a BBP for the 2.5%+ (up to $50k)?

@Anonymous wrote:

Newbie here, what is the difference between the Amex Platinum and the Amex Platinum for Schwab?

1. Customers can convert MRs to cash much more efficiently (1.25 cents per MR) than with the regular Platinum. Airline miles are still often more valuable.

2. Within a few days of approval, and then at every anniversary, customers may get an additional credit, depending on their balances at Schwab. $250k gets $100, $1M gets $200.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous for recapping @wasCB14. I think those items in addition to having one of the other various versions of the platinum is a huge plus because it doesnt disqualify you from sign up bonuses on the main platinum (i.e. the rare 100K)

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Customers can convert MRs to cash much more efficiently (1.25 cents per MR) than with the regular Platinum. Airline miles are still often more valuable.

2. Within a few days of approval, and then at every anniversary, customers may get an additional credit, depending on their balances at Schwab. $250k gets $100, $1M gets $200.

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry missed your question. Are you referring to the Blue Business Plus AMEX card?

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.