Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved - Amex BCE (Ask for more?)

tag
Anarchy
New Contributor

Approved - Amex BCE (Ask for more?)

Just got approved this morning for the Blue Cash Everyday card from AMEX with a CL of 2K.

• Chase Sapphire $5,000
  • Citi Diamond Preferred  $3,000
  • Discover  $5,000
  • Amex Zync  NPSL

..and now Amex BCE for 2K, should I call and ask for more? What are my chances?

No baddies. Fico score 745.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Kendro
Contributor

Re: Approved - Amex BCE (Ask for more?)

You can request 3X the limit 61 days after your account opens.  It will be a soft pull.

Message 2 of 9
Anarchy
New Contributor

@Kendro wrote:

You can request 3X the limit 61 days after your account opens.  It will be a soft pull.

Definitely will be taking advantage of this after the 2nd statement cuts.

Just wanted my initial starting limit to be higher for my vacation I'm taking in 2 months.

Message 3 of 9
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Splurge wrote:

Just got approved this morning for the Blue Cash Everyday card from AMEX with a CL of 2K.

• Chase Sapphire $5,000
  • Discover  $5,000
  • Amex Zync  NPSL

Congrats!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval. You can't recon Amex like Barclays. Just be grateful you got in and ask for the 61-day CLI. I also got $2k Costco last feb. I was disappointed in the CL. But it went to $6k in 2 mos. Love Amex! Enjoy your cards. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

3x in 2 months

3x more in 6 months after that.....Can't beat that.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 9
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Splurge wrote:

• Chase Sapphire $5,000
  • Discover  $5,000
  • Amex Zync  NPSL

Amex is generally not very good with recon, and almost always sticks with the computers inital cl decision. I can't think anyone on here has had any luck with getting their cl increased immediately following approval but it probably couldn't hurt to try. If you do call, be careful to make sure that they don't do another hp, as amex has been known to do this on recons.

As others have noted, amex does have a very liberal cli policy after 61 days

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 8 of 9
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Splurge wrote:

Definitely will be taking advantage of this after the 2nd statement cuts.

Just wanted my initial starting limit to be higher for my vacation I'm taking in 2 months.

Same exact boat here except my vacation is in March.  My BCE app was 12/12 and I got a $3400 CL.  I, too, wanted a higher limit.  I thought about brazenly asking for a CLI before activation, like an idle (to me) threat that I would decline to activate if they didn't accommodate me.  I even had it all calculated out - with travel, hotel and car rental I'd be approaching $4800.  In the end I figured it was better to not P them off and risk them calling my bluff.

Ultimately I'm happy I didn't get cocky with them and am thankful to have them back in my wallet.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.