Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Amex Gold card 50,000 mrp npsl

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved Amex Gold card 50,000 mrp npsl

Instant approval. This is my first amex after 4 denials in past year. (I didn't do my research and thought I would qualify).
Got the pre qual- 50000, mrp after$1000 spend 3 months. Npsl..,
I planned on waiting since I had basically all my inquiries aging to a year by June 17th.
Plus had two cards reporting balances when I apped. Planned on azeo(method).
But I brought my utilization down to 8% , saw my score go up 15 points to 719.
Aoya-3 months.
Aaoa -11
Aooa-23
Inquiries in past 6 months 2 (1,amex,1 apartment). Total past 2 years 16(auto loan). Past year 9
Will obviously utilize the categories, and the 10% mrp for paying your phone bill.(had no idea about until after application)
This card is great to compliment my discover it, next I need to decide if I go for a second discover it or take in an amex revolver. I'll see if I get any cli for my disco anniversary. Or let my accounts grow like I should and if I have to carry a balance I can always just use dCU 10.75apr.
Sorry for the length, I'm excited to see what this card offers that I don't already know about, and hope this helps somebody.
By the way another DP. I'm pre qualified for a few cards on incognito but when I try on amex app and hit apply it says would you like to expand your membership wording (I've heard is not pre approval)
So I didn't bite for a revolver same day I figured with backdating any future cards will not hurt aaoa as bad anyway.
AMEX
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved Amex Gold card 50,000 mrp npsl

50k at 1k is amazingSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average Joe That's what I thought. And last week the mrp's for Ed card(pre qualification) went from 25000 down to 15000, so I figured I'd take advantage of it while it was there.
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good choice. Even i would take that SUBSmiley Wink CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new AmEx and capitalizing on a killer SUB!

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Super Congrats!!!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Gold approval! Great card to rack up points. Love mine! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! on The new metal 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thank all of you guys for my success.
I do want to compliment my new card and my discover with another card. I was thinking of either going for a second discover card. Or replacing my Quicksilver(bucketed 500 limit &11 mo the) with the cash magnet( as my everything else card). Since I would have most of my spend covered with those cards.
I am excited amex back dates when you get a new card.
If I did get a discover card since my anniversary is in two weeks would this affect my chances of getting another American Express card down the road? these are the best cards I I was hoping for. By the way I plan on buying plenty of gift cards, 😁
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.