gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved! Amex Platinum 100k and 10x on grocery & fuel

Yeah that is one heck of an incentive for this card, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 24
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks @AllZero! Got a very specific plan for these MR points.
Message 13 of 24
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Congrats, @Loquat! I know me and DW having been eyeing this offer for the past few days...

@simplynoir I was thinking the same thing.  Since I don't know how long this offer will be around, my wife and I are thinking that maybe we'll app her for the card as well.  The $5k spend over 6 months allows for enough time to not have to rush to get through the sub.  We haven't decided just yet but we're leaning towards her getting the card as well.  

@Loquat, unfortunately I'm not eligible so it'd have to be the wife here and she just got the Schwab Plat for the cashout option so she's good to get the regular flavor one. So this card is basically a churn and cancel card if we do that so why we're hestitating. But that increased point offer instead of 20% restaurant one has us thinking hard. Honestly, if she decides to pull the trigger I wouldn't be surprised so she can knock out our Christmas shopping in short order lol

@simplynoir My wife and I decided to go ahead and get her the card as well.  She applied this morning and was approved.  The real push for her getting the card is that our parents are getting themselves the new iPhone for Christmas and are replacing their Mac Mini and iPad so they offered to let us pay for them and just write us a check.  So with that purchase alone we've already knocked out the minimum spend for her card and we'll just replace my Platinum as a daily driver until we hit the minimum spend there as well.   We both decided that the offer was just too good to pass up...I mean over 200K MR points with little to no effort is a Christmas gift in and of itself. 

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez, that couldn't have been easier! Excellent plan!

Message 15 of 24
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 16 of 24
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!  If I didn't have that card already, I'd be all over this offer too!  Enjoy that new card!!

Message 17 of 24
rgate88
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I just got this myself as well and will be working hard to max out that $15k

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 18 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats 

(if that is your real name).

Not just one but two?!  Can't wait to hear about your redemption.

Message 19 of 24
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats 

(if that is your real name).

Not just one but two?!  Can't wait to hear about your redemption.

@K-in-Boston  The name is Mr. & Mrs. LuckySmiley LOL  LOL!   Didn't ever think there'd be a day where my name would be on the front of an Amex Platinum card that I was paying the AF for.  I can't recall a time when I've ever had anything good to say about this card to be honest.  At least now I have a reason...100k reasons, hahahaha. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.