cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved ??!! Bad Credit Score Store & Credit Card Approvals

tag
tbohann

Approved ??!! Bad Credit Score Store & Credit Card Approvals

Pre Story...  I had to close a restaurant I owned in in early 2016, PLUS a bad divorce..  Had prior credit scores in the 700s up until Jan. 2016..  Did not file bankruptcy, just fighting through getting back my credit profile....  I went ahead and got on as a signer on 2 of my husbands Comenity Store cards..  Wayfair and TJ Maxx... waited a few months.. got a prequalify for Credit One card in mail and pulled the trigger to start my rebuild..  approved for $300 even though I had a charge off with them in 2015 after my divorce...  Prior relationships with AMEX (did not burn.. in fact my last payment to them was over 10k on a green card)  always stayed good..  And prior with BofA.. paid those off with some 30 days, etc...  ANYHOW, i am just going to sit on these little guys for 6 months and keep going...  My approvals were:

FICO SCORES:   EX-589  549-TU  549-EQ

Credit One -  $300

Blaze MC - $300

Kohl's - $300

Overstock - $250

Gordman's - $300

To be honest with you, i was SHOCKED to get anything.. I didn't on plan on rebuilding until later this year...  Just staying under the radar until I could get a few things paid off...  I have 7 collections and just signed up for Lexington Law to help me for a few months get some things that are incorrect and old off of my report.. I used them before with my husbands credit and he is just under 700 across the board.. they were worth the money..  Anyhow, I am very glad I did NOT file BK, and was able to get through it...  Now onward and upward...

4/24/18 FICO 589-EX 549-TU 549-EQ

Credit One - $300 Blaze MC-$300 Kohls-$300 Overstock-$250 Gordman's- $300

Bad Divorce and had to close a business in 2016... Road to recovery... Did NOT file bankruptcy .. Just fighting through...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved ??!! Bad Credit Score Store & Credit Card Approvals

Congratulations on your recent approvals!

Message 2 of 10
ttrations
Valued Member

Congrats on your approvals!!

In the garden until Dec 2014
Latoshia_gray@yahoo.com
Current: TU 621, EQ 564, EX 630
Goal: 670 across the board
Wallet: Cap 1 secured and unsecured, USAA AMEX secured, NFCU secured MC, Walmart, JCP, Kohl's, Victoria's Secret, Barclays
Message 3 of 10
tbohann

The only thing I am doing next is $1000 secured discover... then gardening tilnot graudates... hopefully!

Bad Divorce and had to close a business in 2016... Road to recovery... Did NOT file bankruptcy .. Just fighting through...
Message 4 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals

I have the Blaze card. I only keep it because after the 1st year they always waive the $75.00 AF when I call in I say to them I want to close the card due to the AF (KNOWING THEY WILL TAKE IT OFF) and it will grow not as much as other cards but the CLIS are soft pull (After 6 months look on online for the cli opition).  I have their other cards like the "Show", "First national", and the "First Savings credit card" I have other cards up to $35K BUT THEY HAVE BEEN good to me Smiley Happy never had a problem with them NEVER Smiley Happyblaze.jpg

Message 5 of 10
tbohann

That's good to know about Blaze... hope it grows over the next couple of years..

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbohann wrote:
The only thing I am doing next is $1000 secured discover... then gardening tilnot graudates... hopefully!

Discover IT was my first card when I started to rebuild. Would definitely reccomend.

Message 7 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats, and I admire that you're not filing bankruptcy.  I'm doing the same thing as well. Too many people just write it off and end up in the same place.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and good luck on your credit journey!
Message 9 of 10
tbohann

I had a lot of pressure out on me to file bankruptcy from my CPA and attorney... I flat out refused... Just made the calls and paid what I could... What I couldn't I settled and then ended up with some collections (these were from those that wouldn't listen or work with me at all)... But hey that's life... I felt like the damage was done and I lost my business which was painful enough... I said some choice words to a few bill collectors who were nasty but ACTUALLY about 80% were understanding and worked with me..and they were paid... maybe not on their IDEAL timeline but they were paid.. it was hard but here I am with my little baby sub prime and little SL... I will take it !

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.