Congrats on the new card and nice SL. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 11 of 23
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved Bjs Perks Mastercard 14,000/ May cancel gold card Amex

I would not poke Miss Disco right now.... Congrats on the BJs card though with a tasty CL...

-J

Message 12 of 23
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 13 of 23
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@AnonymousYes you need to have the membership to get CC. They display your membership info on the card.

You can also get a $55 membership for 3% back with Master Card. Also AMEX offers discount for annual membership once a year.

Message 14 of 23
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 15 of 23
alain4957
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

approved with a 720 equifax file.

No baddies, 2 now 3 hard pulls in past year.

Uti- 15%, aaoa 1.4 years. Aoya 4 months.

Opened a bunch of ccs in past year...

Figured if I got this card I'd definitely close my amex gold since I can just shop there(bjs). Plus I have other cards that earn 75% as much on food as gold card.

I'll see what retention offer if any is offered by amex...

Also got 7-10 message bcuz my file had s fraud alert, called in and immediately approved after answering 3 q's..

I did plan on getting another disco in May, but that might have to wait a bit longer. 

Did get approved right away? who did they pull?

Amex Plat (NPSL) | Amex Business Gold (NPSL) | Apple Card 10k | Discover IT 12.5k | Sapphire Reserve 35k | BofA PR Elite 45k | NFCU Flagship 44k | USB Altitude Reserve 20k |

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes u do need a membership but if u have one it will tell if u qualify for card on app
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a freeze so I called in took 5 minutes. Got 7-10 days initially. I think the sl is so high bcuz sams gave me a big cli to 13,500 so bj's apparently wanted to beat that.. they pulled equifax im in Boston ma

Ty all!!

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol ty I won't carry a balance with it, but it will help pad utilization. I went from 300$ total cl less than 2 years ago, to 100k including biz over 100k. Patience, and paying bills obviously the key... My patience with applying was not good end of last year, but at least they will age together, I figure i have plenty of cards that earn 3% or = to that in points at restaurants(Hilton biz, sams club, even advantage ps from citi, where I pay 95$ af, but get 5000 miles per year with sprint) so that leaves the 100$ airline credit for the amex gold, and its useless to me now since I have airline cards(free checked bags) and priority pass from Hilton biz, so won't use it for anything w/o gift card option😑. Maybe I'll get a retention on gold card, I'll miss it but the af isn't worth it anymore for me. Or maybe just refer the wife right now id get 20k for referring her, and she would get 40k but wish she had a better offer than 4000 spend.. Its weird I checked every month on bjs app and I never qualified to even apply with a 768 fico, and 3% uti.
Once I let 15% uti report and score dropped 35 points, I was able to apply....hmm o well
Message 19 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Congrats. I think I would be unable to bring myself to cancel an Amex Gold in favor of a Comenity card. Looks like good rewards if you shop much at BJs. The Costco (Citi) and Sam's (Sync) cards give 2% off at their respective stores, if I recall correctly. I keep getting offers to join BJs for $25 for the first year. I already have Costco and Sam's, so I think I'll pass, though it is a bit tempting.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.