Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved -BofA CashRewards $24k

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition  great point. One benefit of  BofA over Amex is that the bofa gives you the complete credit history whereas Amex only goes back to the date you were added as an AU. 

Message 12 of 41
GApeachy
Super Contributor

A lot of great info here, never knew about AU and co-borrowing, thanks for sharing!  Also, sorry for yours and your Aunt's loss.  So happy that you have taken care of your family, and that she has you to lean Heartn.  Look forward to seeing how your profile ages when this card reports and your scorecard allows full extent of age benefit. GL Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 41
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

I learn something new every time I log on. Congrats on your approval. Sorry for your loss.

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 14 of 41
ccquest
Established Contributor

That's very interesting to know, congrats on the new card officially under your name now and RIP for your uncle, sounds like he lived a great life!
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 15 of 41
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

That is an amazing opportunity to be able to obtain such an account.  Hope it goes well for you with aging of your reports... let us know!

GL2U

Message 16 of 41
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@AnonymousI am attempting to do this with my grandfather. Did you have to fill out a paper they sent in by mail?

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 it took a while! Three calls -3 different responses. The 1st rep said i needed to go into a branch and open an checking account first. The 2nd time I called the rep said i could only do it via paper application. I had heard before that wasn't the case so I waited a few days and called back. The 3rd  time the rep took my application, it was on a weekend, but the decision wasn't immediate. I called back the following Monday and got approval. 

Also, your grandfather will need to be on the phone with ability  to 1) verify account 2) consent to you becoming a joint account holder and 3) answer basic questions ss# and income. 

Last FYI- my aunt's credit had an inquiry reported...I don't know why, but just want to give you all the information. 

Please share some data points on the account you are attempting to add! This is a great benefit. I wish more financial institutions offered the option. 

Message 18 of 41
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@AnonymousIts a BOA Cash Rewards opened in 2012. 10K CL Perfect payment history. Gonna call again and see if I can get someone who knows what they are talking about.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep! That sounds great. Please let us know how it turns out and also if you receive a bump. 

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.