Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved -BofA CashRewards $24k

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved -BofA CashRewards $24k

@Anonymous  I am very curious myself. Hopefully puts me in 800 + range. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: the card updated on my EX8 per the Experian website. I haven't received an increase. Not one point. I haven't received any alerts from myFico yet, so I'm not sure if there's a delay. I'm thinking its because I have a dirty file my AOOA and AOORA dont matter. It should help more next year when I'm rebucketed to a clean profile. 
@Harvey26 have you gotten any updates? I need to look at the fico 8 scoring primer again. 

Message 32 of 41
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: the card updated on my EX8 per the Experian website. I haven't received an increase. Not one point. I haven't received any alerts from myFico yet, so I'm not sure if there's a delay. I'm thinking its because I have a dirty file my AOOA and AOORA dont matter. It should help more next year when I'm rebucketed to a clean profile. 
@Harvey26 have you gotten any updates? I need to look at the fico 8 scoring primer again. 

The balance itself won't give you any increase, it's the changes in utilization that will. So if you're already sub-9.5% aggregate utilization/30% on the card, you won't get a scoring benefit from the higher limit.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccquest I wasn't hoping for an increase from lower utilization. I just hoped changing my responsibility level and getting the benefit of the account age 38 years, would have been worth a few points. Again, probably due to my dirty profile. Any thoughts? 

Message 34 of 41
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  the statement has not yet closed so no update yet but I was able to do a product change from a mastercard to a visa succesfully. Statement closes on the 25th so we shall see!

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 35 of 41
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 36 of 41
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ccquest I wasn't hoping for an increase from lower utilization. I just hoped changing my responsibility level and getting the benefit of the account age 38 years, would have been worth a few points. Again, probably due to my dirty profile. Any thoughts? 

Oh duh, I forgot that very important part of this equation! Does it show the full history on the credit report or just the new line and a Sept/Aug date? If it's the latter, you probably won't be getting what you hope for.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccquest  yep. Experian updated me to co-borrower. I agree, so far no change, but I'm holding out hope. Either there's some type of delay or if not, possibly when my baddies fall off. 

Message 38 of 41
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  I only gained 3 points on EX.... hope to see more of a jump on the others. 

Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for you. I saw nothing but I thought it was because I'm on a dirty scorecard. Regardless, I still stoked about the card 😊

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.